Sponsored by:

Hardwire Valentine One

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 PM
mprsev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardwire Valentine One

I recently purchased a 2014 Cayenne Platinum Edition and I am trying to hardwire my Valentine One to the overhead console rather then routing a wire down the A-pillar to the dash side fuse box. I found older posts saying to tap a blue wire for 12 volt and brown for ground, but I cannot find a completely blue wire as I found three wires that have blue with another color.

Anyone figure out what colored wires are used for ignition 12 volt in the overhead console above the rear view mirror?
Old 05-25-2014, 12:19 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use a volt meter. Depending on your options, wiring may be different.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:27 PM
plima
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Two comments: the power to the home link module is the one you want to tap (it is powered when the ignition is on, and there isn't anything funny going on with it (like there is with the lights), and (2) how did you get the overhead console open/down? In my '08 Cayenne it was as easy as removing the 2 screws in the dark glasses cubby, then pulling. New Cayennes, and my new Macan, how??
Old 05-25-2014, 04:35 PM
mprsev
Intermediate

I removed the plastic panel behind the rear view mirror by pulling down as it is held on by four snap in clips.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Warehouser
Track Day

I have a test light and meter. I could not find a decent power wire on mine and ended up running it down to the driver side fuse box. The post I saw using the Blue and Brown wire were for those that had a dimming RVM.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:50 PM
mprsev
Intermediate

Thanks Warehouser, how did you pull off the A-pillar? I seen posts of people wrapping the cable across the air bag that did not seem like a good idea. I attempted to pull off the interior A-pillar cover and the top clip releases about an inch and that seems to be tethered and I cannot seem to release the middle clip.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:27 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warehouser
I have a test light and meter. I could not find a decent power wire on mine and ended up running it down to the driver side fuse box. The post I saw using the Blue and Brown wire were for those that had a dimming RVM.
I found one in my 08. It switches off as well. Don't remember the color. Just use a DVM/volt meter.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:44 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mprsev
Thanks Warehouser, how did you pull off the A-pillar? I seen posts of people wrapping the cable across the air bag that did not seem like a good idea. I attempted to pull off the interior A-pillar cover and the top clip releases about an inch and that seems to be tethered and I cannot seem to release the middle clip.
You don't need to pull it off. Run the cable down along the windshield and it will tuck in out of site using a trim puller to push it in. The run it back between the dash and a-pillar and you'll be good.

The air bag only extends about halfway down the pillar.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Warehouser
Track Day

Originally Posted by gnat
You don't need to pull it off. Run the cable down along the windshield and it will tuck in out of site using a trim puller to push it in. The run it back between the dash and a-pillar and you'll be good.

The air bag only extends about halfway down the pillar.
X2
Old 05-26-2014, 04:14 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

It is easy to remove the 'A' pillar, putting back is a little more tricky. There is a bolt behind the 'Airbag' symbol, just pull the cover off to expose the bolt. Once removed you can either pull the trim toward the inside of the car or pull upwards so the plastic retaining pins disengage.

I initially had my Beltronics cable running down the edge and it bugged me, when i installed a Dension i wanted to put the microphone at the top of the A pillar so i pulled it off and hid both wires properly.

Quick Reply: Hardwire Valentine One