Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a bad or bold decision?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 AM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone told me certain cars were not eligible through PenFed. Anyone know if this is true?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Chris51080
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HOiYA
Someone told me certain cars were not eligible through PenFed. Anyone know if this is true?
The only restriction I know of with PenFed was that it had to be under 100k miles.
Not sure if they have restrictions on the year or not.

With the rates they offer, it would be worth a phone call.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:59 AM
pcst
Racer

Check your local credit unions, one of my local CU offers 1.99% apr as long as less than 10yrs old and less than 100k miles.

I agree with others, you can almost go out and buy a nice used Cayenne with that money.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:25 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Having just been in the new SUV market, we decided to go another direction. I considered a new Cayenne Diesel as well as a new Cayenne S. I ended up buying a brand new 2014 Audi SQ5 with a sticker of $61,420. It is essentially loaded - although there were a few things on the options list that I didn't check because I didn't think they were worth the money. In any case, my payment to buy this vehicle is right in the same range as you're talking about for a lease on a vehicle with much less equipment.

If you don't need the size of the Cayenne over the Q5, then you might consider it. The Macan is going to be available soon too, and that might be an option.
I agree, SQ5 over 6 cylinder Cayenne all day long IMO

Dennis mind sharing your thoughts? I was looking at those as well.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 946 Posts

I've thoroughly enjoyed owning a Cayenne S. I plan to keep the Cayenne, but it will be in a different role.

The new 958 Cayennes are very nice. Even the V6 can be very well equipped and it is a very nice vehicle. In my case, I live in the mountains. I'm at high altitude and I drive through significant elevation changes every day. A car with forced induction makes sense up here. Based on that, the Cayenne V6 and even the Cayenne S aren't necessarily the best choice. I also didn't need a vehicle as large as a Cayenne. That left me comparing the Audi SQ5, the Porsche Macan, the Range Rover Evoque and the BMW X3 xdrive35i. They are all excellent vehicles, but the Audi gave us the most "bang for the buck". I would love to purchase another Cayenne S, but the Audi made more sense at this point.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:14 AM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

I'd be interested in what options you went with on the SQ5. My wife has being eyeing a Q5 for her DD.

Quick Reply: Is this a bad or bold decision?