Sponsored by:

Possible vacuum leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM
titan955
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible vacuum leak

I completed the coolant pipe upgrade in my 05 Cayenne S and all went well thanks to the excellent information on the forum. There was a rough idle after I put everything together and started the car. I could hear a vacuum leak towards the back of the engine and when I pushed on this connection, the engine started running smoothly again. I drove about 40 miles with no problems before it started running really rough again. I checked this connection again and it was still fine. I suspect that when I pushed it down the first time, it fixed a loose connection at the other end of the hard plastic tube which later came loose again 40 miles later. I smoke tested it and don't see any leaks.

Name:  CayenneVacuumLeak.jpg
Views: 20660
Size:  53.2 KB

Does anyone know where the other end of this tube goes? I see the rubber hose in this diagram (#28) but I don’t see the other end of the hard plastic one that runs along the firewall. I’d like to check that connection.

BTW, when the car is running (rough right now), I can disconnect this vacuum connection with no change in how it runs. I feel a vacuum on the rubber side of the connection but nothing on the plastic side.

Thanks in advance.

Name:  107-00.gif
Views: 9282
Size:  16.5 KB
Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 PM
titan955
Cruisin'

I took it for a ride this morning until it fully warmed up. It ran rough but no CEL until I got back to the garage and shut it off. I have a few pending codes for misfires, P0201 and P0301.

Any thoughts on what to check next?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:25 PM
titan955
Cruisin'

The weather warmed up today so I had a chance to work on this some more.

That vacuum hose doesn't seem to be the issue. I can unplug it while the engine is running and there's no change to the rough idle.

All the misfire codes were on the passenger side cylinders 1-4. So I swapped the all those coils with the driver side ones to see if the error codes would follow the coils. Coils seemed fine (no cracks) and I installed new plugs since they were over 4 years old. No difference to the rough running.

After the coil swap, there are 2 pending codes P0201 injector circuit cylinder 1 and P0441 evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow. The engine starts up right away, even after I open and close the gas cap (simulating refueling) so I don't think it's the Purge Valve for Fuel Vapor Canister.

I'm quickly running out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Possible vacuum leak