Sponsored by:

Seat back protectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Seat back protectors?

I noticed in the BMW today that my son's legs have gotten long enough that he can get the back of the front seat pretty good.

I've looked at some of the "kick mats" online, but they look pretty cheap and seem to all run straps around the seat itself (so they are crossing the fronts of the seat).

Anyone body using such a thing in their Cayenne (preferably 958 with 14 way seats) that they are happy with and find work well?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about one of these, affixed with some self-adhesive Velcro strips? When the little one grows out of that stage, any residual adhesive comes right off with WD40.

//greg//
Old 01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the
Brica Kick Mats Brica Kick Mats
. Not the best solution as they too have two straps, one to wrap around the head rest and the other to wrap around the base of the seat.

Originally Posted by grohgreg
affixed with some self-adhesive Velcro strips? When the little one grows out of that stage, any residual adhesive comes right off with WD40.
Never thought about doing this. Might look into doing this on the above mats.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Where do the straps end up with the Brica? Any chance you could post a picture showing where they wrap around the front of the seat?

Given that we are talking about kid feet I'm not sure sheepskin is the best idea since you can't toss it in the washer or hose it down.

My luck with stick on velcro in cars hasn't been great. The climate is (usually) moderate here, but it can still get both hot and cold enough to degrade the glue that comes on most of the options (sometimes as quickly as a month or two). The glues that do stand up to the car environment, in my experience, is also a pain to remove later on without some strong chemicals which can themselves mess up with what you are trying to clean.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
Where do the straps end up with the Brica?
I'll take some pictures for you when I get the car back later this week.

But to describe it, the top strap is like a the top strap of an apron that goes around the head rest. There is buckle/clip that you can cinch. The other strap is pretty much useless as it doesn't really wrap around the bottom part of the seat well. So far I just let it hang as the Brica length is long enough to cover the length of the back.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Here are pictures of the Brica attached to the back of the front seat.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Thanks

Quick Reply: Seat back protectors?