Sponsored by:

Shop TPMS sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
modifier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop TPMS sensors

The snow and ice are here and the high performance warm weather tires that came on my new Cayenne are worthless. Thank god I missed that poll when I slid into the neighbors yard. I could get around better in my fwd Honda then my new "all terrain" vehicle. So I needed to install my second set of used wheels with snow tires asap. But the sensors were old and I didn't know if they would even work since I have never tried them on the car.

I ordered a set of new sensors from Shop TPMS. They were about $300 for 4, so I saved a little over $100 off list price.

I had them installed and they did not read. It took a bit of talking to convince them of their errors but it turns out they are for the new Cayennes that will be built in 2014 and not the 2014s that were built in 2013, even at the end. TPMS had been misinformed by Porsche as to fitment.

So in the end the dealer had to break the beads, remove the old sensors, install the new ones, remount and balance then test drive, then do it all over again to reinstall the old sensors, which have about 8 months of battery left it turns out. Labor $390 plus the cost of the sensors.

Shop TPMS is sending out a correct set of sensors and a paid return shipping box for the wrong sensors and refunding me the labor costs. I'll still have to pay to have the new ones installed when I get around to that.

I just thought I would pass on how great Shop TPMS is handling this and that anyone with a 2014 needs to make certain what sensors they need for their car before they order and install.

Rare customer service for these days.

Last edited by modifier; 01-05-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 AM
stormy69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info, thanks.

Quick Reply: Shop TPMS sensors