Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPS Drive Shaft Clamping Center Support Now at Pelican Parts!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:42 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default EPS Drive Shaft Clamping Center Support Now at Pelican Parts!

The driveshaft center bearing support is used to dampen vibration and lateral movement of the driveshaft as it spins. The factory design of the rubber seems to be a bit weak for the job, usually resulting in the rubber cracking or tearing due to age and the elements. When the rubber starts to fail, you'll notice an odd vibration coming from the center console when accelerating. This vibration will only get worse over time, eventually turning into a loud knocking noise.

The factory fix for the support is to remove the driveshaft from the car, disassemble it and use a new center support (with the same rubber centered design) when reassembling it. EPS has devised a solution that does not require driveshaft removal, and does a better job of supporting the driveshaft.

We’ll walk you through the steps when replacing the driveshaft bearing support and flex disc – instructions here!

Shop now for the EPS solution – details here!

Let us know what questions you have at any time.

Mark/Pelican Parts

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic walk-thru and great pictures. While I love working on my CTT, I hope this goes while still under my CPO!!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

If mine goes out, I'm definitely going this route. The instructions are clear enough that even I understood them.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I've had mine installed for two months. So far so good. Install was pretty easy too. I hope it will pass an upcoming TUV inspection though. we'll see...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:45 AM
KMCTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other then cost what are the advantages of this over a Lindsey carbon or aluminum single piece shaft? The EPS looks to have lots of little parts to fail.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:40 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I have those same concerns too. I made sure to use thread lock on the 4 screws that hold it together as an extra measure of security. I've not seen the Lindsey piece in person, though seeing pictures of it makes me wonder why Porsche would've used a two-piece driveshaft without good reason. For that reason I went with the EPS bracket. I chose not to go for a rebuilt shaft because I don't trust Chinese auto parts and I couldn't be sure what I'd get, and didn't want to pay the price of OEM. So far so good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EPS Drive Shaft Clamping Center Support Now at Pelican Parts!