Sponsored by:

Porsche changed the roof lining for Cayenne Turbo! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the 2004 have the front-end "facelift" predicted by some European magazines?
Old 07-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Anir... the 04's have been out since May or so.. and that facelift was just some BS that they came up with to bash the pepper.. just my opinion of course!
Old 07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Kevin. I suspected as much.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if this applies to all interior colors? I'm buying a CTT from a dealer out of state and didn't know to ask if the one I'm buying has it or not. It first went into service 5/03 so I'm afraid I'm fabric...
Old 02-04-2006, 09:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, who dug up this thread from the grave?
Ah, fond memories of the old days....ignorance was bliss, now it's just meds.

I would simply suggest a phone call/email to your dealer and ask him if the headliner is alcantara or not....VERY easy to identify by look and certainly feel. It's the same headliner on the 996TT's as well, although it's been there since model introduction.

If they don't know what alcantara is, I'd look for another Porsche dealer.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

What can I say, I'm one who digs up old stuff.

I did call and unfortunately the one I'm buying is fabric. Luckily it is the beige interior, which hopefully has a beige fabric instead of light gray like the black, where you REALLY can tell the difference. I didn't think the dealer was still open (it's 1700 miles away, so 'a trip' there is not really possible to check by myself) so I asked here.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

You could always just replace the headliner with alcantara if it really matters.
I never even notice the headliner in mine, then again, I tend to pay as little attention to the Cayenne as possible.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, since you're getting a VERY early Cayenne (and back in those days, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a recall/TSB/service action), I'd ask the dealer to make REALLY sure that all of the relevant service actions/TSB's have been done.

I'm sure you don't want to be searching for 'Cardan Shaft', 'Cracked Transfer Case Housing, and some of the other really nice parts changes that went along the way.
I'm fairly confident that you will discover the 'oldies but goodies' like:
Having to throw the remotes at the doors in an attempt to open them, since the range is rather small....especially if the relative humidity is above 50%
Having the rear hatch window open whenever it feels like it, complements of the 4th revision of the rear window microswitch.

I could go on, but you'll come up to speed rather quickly I'm sure.

136 TSB's, give or take, on these precision instruements.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Lewis,

I had my technician run the VIN and I also got a faxed report of all service on that vehicle. Not too many recalls - maybe 8-10 total. More recently, during the certification, recalls 559, 401, and 555 were done, it got new front brakes and an alignment, plus new tires, so I know I'm good for at least 3000 miles before I need new rubber, right?

My technician said it was a great find, and I have trusted him with my Porsches for the last 3 plus years, and he would have no qualms about telling me to walk or run away.

Now the only final test is to hook it up to another CTT and try to have them tow each other, which, according to your posts, would probably not only create otherwordly ! signs to all in a 29 mile radius, but might start the next major hurricane. Think of the poor connections between two of them!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

W401....the replacement of the stainless steel that rusts and seperates itself from the vehicle? Very nice
No A506 Cowboy Belt Buckles?....too bad, DEFINTELY a Cayenne fashion statement.

Cayenne tire life is an interesting topic, anywhere from 5K to 30K, depending on planetary alignment.....it's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get...and besides, whatever you do get, PCNA will say that's what you're SUPPOSED to get.

Sorry, I don't have quite enough meds currrently to actually type the "T" word, so I'll leave that alone for now........it's been discussed enough, even made it into some people's sigs....quite a compliment.

Best of luck, go in peace, may the force be with you and yes, you have been warned.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:26 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Oh, c'mon, Lewis, what is life without a challenge??

Vanilla
Square
Hollow
Toyota

These are not a few of my favorte things.

Embrace the passion, and take the lumps that come with it. Just like choosing to marry a woman, you know you are chasing your heart but your mind tells you NO!!! You jump in fully realizing that you will be nagged and prodded and emasculated, but it doesn't matter - you follow your passion.

Got a picture for you, since I see you had an RS America:

That's me passing an older RS replica at the track in my 'Porsche with Panties' Boxster S
Old 02-05-2006, 01:36 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

My CTT doesnt have Alcantara either, i had a choice to pick the one with Alcantara didnt matter to me, looks nice though
Old 02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ngfan
Yes, Gert is correct, it's a TT exclusive. My S came with the "standard" linen although equipped with full smooth leather.
Yeah-- I have an 06 CS with full leather and I specifically tried to get the headliner but I was told they will only do it on the turbo too

Quick Reply: Porsche changed the roof lining for Cayenne Turbo! :(