Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Left back door remains locked!

I have a problem with the door locking mechanism (I have Entry&Drive):

The left back door cannot be opened from the outside after the car was locked. However, once I open the door from the inside, it works just fine until the car is fully locked again! When I pull the handle on this door, I can hear a clicking from the driver's door as if the system wants to unlock the driver's door !?!

Anyone with a similar experience?
Old 07-21-2003, 08:36 AM
dawktah
Racer

Turn engine on with plastic key. Go into your menu on dash. Select COMFORT, then DOORS, then what does you settings say? VEH SIDE, DRIVER, or ALL?

I may have left out a level in the menu tree but you can find it. If you are left hand drive it needs to be VEH SIDE or ALL DOORS for it to unlock. Once you have made change in choices. Press set and appropriate seat number. Turn off ignition. press set again and hold until tone sounds. Exit car and lock with key. Locking with the key on outside is the only way to get settings in this menu to take. But DO NOT use key in ignition.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback dawktah. However, I don't have the memory seats and the seetings say "ALL doors". It really does sound like the Cayenne wants to open the driver's door when I pull the handle on the back door. I guess there's work for my dealer.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:15 AM
dawktah
Racer

No you have me thinking, my doors will not unlock if I grab either of my rear doors. I do have the "child lock out" on drivers door activated. You wouldn't think that should affect outside?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just returned from my dealer. They had their computer have a chat with my Cayenne and found an error: "Unreadable signal from left back door" or something like that. Conclusion: Defective micro-switch, which they will replace.

My doors (used to) unlock if I grab either of my rear doors (and I certainly hope that they will again in the future). But I have no clue whether the "child lock out" has an effect on this. I guess the only possibly to find out is to turn it off and try. However I wouldn't think that this has an effect on the behavior of the outside handles.

Quick Reply: Left back door remains locked!