Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frozen Rear Door and Frozen Driver's Door Latch this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:10 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Frozen Rear Door and Frozen Driver's Door Latch this morning!

I'm getting into the Pepper early this morning in SW WI (20 degrees) and the rear door latch is stuck (the actuator sounds and I push it in to lock). I get in and start it and notice I left the driver's side open as the interior lights won't go off. I then realize that the driver's door won't catch and lock. So I'm driving around (need to get to work) holding my door in as it tries to open (seat belt on of course). Interior lights on - what a scene. Once the car is warmed up, then it locks and the rear door opens at my destination! What the Heck!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man, I really only have one word for you though "Garage".
Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,523 Likes on 955 Posts

Interesting. I've driven my Cayenne in the range of -20F many times without any issues.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would be willing to bet that you either washed your car yesterday or got caught in the rain before the temps dipped.

Get your car in a warm garage, let it thaw/dry. Clean the latch mechanism with a rag to remove as much of the grease and dirt that you can get at. Douse the latch with an ample amount of WD-40 or any type of penetrating oil. Wipe dry with a clean rag and lubricate with white lithium grease.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

You are right andy! I was at the stealer's yesterday afternoon getting my rear tag lights replaced and they gave my a courtesy wash. I've never had this happen to me (I've driven in -40F weather). I have an insulated / heated garage at home in NW IL. but happen to be on a business trip in SW WI staying at a Hotel. I will do that tomorrow Andy. Thanks for your great recommendations!

Quick Reply: Frozen Rear Door and Frozen Driver's Door Latch this morning!