Sponsored by:

Cayenne Diesel Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:58 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Cayenne Diesel Fuel gauge

I just got a call from a representative of Porsche Cars North America about a recall on our 2014 Cayenne Diesel. It seems there is an issue with some vehicles that the gauge may read incorrectly and a re program of the instrument cluster is necessary. I applaud them being up front about this. In over fifty years of legally driving I have never seen this from a manufacturer or their representative and that is why I continue to buy Porsche. From what the young lady said only a small number of vehicles are affected and thus the individual phone calls.

Again i applaud their pro active approach.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,595 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I just got a call from a representative of Porsche Cars North America about a recall on our 2014 Cayenne Diesel. It seems there is an issue with some vehicles that the gauge may read incorrectly and a re program of the instrument cluster is necessary. I applaud them being up front about this. In over fifty years of legally driving I have never seen this from a manufacturer or their representative and that is why I continue to buy Porsche. From what the young lady said only a small number of vehicles are affected and thus the individual phone calls. Again i applaud their pro active approach.
Shame it took running out of fuel, being towed to the dealer, a instrument cluster reprogram, another visit to the dealer for a tank drain and refill and gauge calibration, and stinky diesel spilled in the engine bay before they figured it out.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:26 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Sure is a shame, particularly if it happens to you, but at least, it's been identified, and you don't have a one off that no one understands.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,595 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Sure is a shame, particularly if it happens to you, but at least, it's been identified, and you don't have a one off that no one understands.
Agreed. I went through that with my BMW. I would learn things on the internet through leaked bulletins, have the issue, bring it in, and the dealer would have no idea what I was talking about. Same with my Volvo...

I brought the truck in the second time because I knew it was still off and they knew right away what the issue was.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:10 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Just topped off my tank on my 2013CD -- took 5 gal (gauge was about 3/4 full before topping off), and the gauge did not reflect the fill until driving for about 5-10 minutes, as the needle moved very slowly to full, and the miles to empty indicator rose slowly. Any ideas for the cause? Vehicle is about a year old with about 10Kmi.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel Fuel gauge