Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leistung Motorsports is there a new owner???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 PM
F1Store
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leistung Motorsports is there a new owner???

I know there are discussions on this forum regarding Leistung. I tried to call them all summer and sent them e-mails without any answer.

I did not place any order but today I received an e-mail from them (???) asking if I was still interested. The e-mail was sent by some guy named Martin and he told me he was originally from Sweden (which I am and mentioned in my e-mail to them this summer).

But wasn't the company run by someone called Rob Bohacs? Who is this Martin and are they back in business? Anyone knows?

I know some people paid them online this summer and never received their orders...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:29 PM
KMCTT
Instructor

I would take my money elsewhere and run away from Leistung as fast as you can. Other guys here are still going through the Leistung nightmare!

My $.02
Old 09-27-2013, 02:55 PM
F1Store
Track Day

I was just curious to hear if anyone else had heard anything from them...
Old 09-27-2013, 03:19 PM
lewnet
8th Gear

I received an email from them today. They had indicated that they were very much back and were away redesigning their line. Per Leistung, check back for changes to their line after the middle of next week. The only changes they mentioned were gold shielded heat plate for the cold air intake to reduce heat.

I have purchased a few things in years past and had no issues, however I would proceed with caution going forward because you are probably dealing with new management.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:59 PM
F1Store
Track Day

I just received an email from them again and according to Martin they are back in business and Rob is still aboard. According to him, Rob decided to take some time off to redesign the product line and get some additional staff onboard. They told me they are redesigning their website to reflect the new products and staff.

If that really is the case the best he could have done would have been to shut down his website while he was doing it. He should immediately have refunded all payments and he should have called all customers that had placed orders. Since he failed do that, that is a BIG warning signal to all.

Are they really back in business and what have they done to compensate all disappointed customers that placed orders during the summer? If they are serious they can't just ignore it.

I would also proceed with a lot of caution since there has been a lot of problems with them. They have a huge problem to overcome.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 PM
swsimmons
1st Gear

I bought their Cayanne bypass ~1 year ago. The hanger just broke off at the weld taking out a chunk of the straight pipe. I now have a nickel size hole in the right pipe at the front hanger.

Custom exhaust place near my house said their welder does not work on this type of fancy pipe material (i.e. non steel)???

ANY HELP is appreciated. Is there a special type of welder needed for this?

I plan to call Leistung today and hoping they stand behind their product...
Old 11-05-2013, 07:03 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

take it to a welding shop. It's probably stainless steel. Run of the mill exhaust shops don't work with stainless, and don't have the right stuff to weld it. Any welding shop can and will.

Quick Reply: Leistung Motorsports is there a new owner???