Sponsored by:

Higher Highs

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM
modifier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher Highs

I was reading a thread here about the a guy who drives in conditions out west where he wanted to keep his Cayenne at the full height even when going over 65mph, which I understand is the speed at which the computer starts to lower the vehicle.

I did some research and did not come up with any way around this but I ran across the Techart suspension module that allows for a 1 inch higher than high offroad setting and a lower than low setting as well plus an even lower parked position. I thought I had found god. But after the tech at Techart called Germany they said that that module does not work on my 2014 GTS because that vehicle has a lower ride height from the factory than any other models and would put it on the bump stops in the low position. I asked if you could still use it for the higher position and they said no. So all other model owners are ok I guess but not us GTS guys.

But I have an idea for times when you are going to be on a trip that will involve a lot of off tarmac driving. People (Renntech?)sell adjustable linkages that are longer or shorter (?) that fool the ecu into thinking the vehicle is higher than it actually is. I'm thinking you could do the opposite to fool it into thinking it was lower than it actually is so that you could get a higher upper setting.

This wouldn't be something that you would want all the time and I don't know how hard they are to change out. But for trips to Colorado or Arizona with possible back woods roads or if you live where snow is deep for several months out of the year it might be a good plan.

What do you think?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:42 AM
DenverSteve
Advanced

I think the engineers designed it to work safely. For me it works great.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

It's not as easy as you say.
By lifting the car w/ electronics only, you get a really bumpy ride with almost no suspension travel left when a wheel loses contact to the ground.

The guy at techart probably didn't tell you either that most of their units throw fault codes.

If you want to lift it, there's a permanent solution that will enable you to run car in normal mode while being lifted up to 45mm (kit can be manufactured to your preference) A friend of mine developed this kit, I can give you his email. PM me if interested. And this kit foes not utilize links you mentioned at all.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:41 PM
ReichenbachRacer
5th Gear

I live in North Dakota and have always had cars with coilovers. I typically lowered my cars in the summer and raised them in the winter. I wanted to do the same thing with my CTT and came up with a solution to get about 2" higher to clear 32" tires and maintain that 2" lift in all suspension settings while keeping the cars ride pretty much the same. I'm actually thinking about selling the lift kit if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: Higher Highs