Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Brake Proportioning and Ignition Lock Fault Issue?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Endless7
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Brake Proportioning and Ignition Lock Fault Issue?

Having an issue with my 09 v6 Cayenne, about two weeks ago an error came on saying brake proportioning and the car was locked in park. I was able to wait 15 minutes and the error went away, however when I went to start the car again it would not start regardless of how long I waited. Now it is also showing an Ignition Lock Fault when the car is unlocked regardless if the key is in the ignition or not. I can insert and remove the key but the car won't turn over.

When I searched other forums, the only recommended solution I found was to replace the battery. Well I did that today and still have the same problems. Was I supposed to reset the ECU too? I would have thought by removing the negative battery cable off this would have reset the ECU.

Anyone have any ideas? I am on the bottom of the third floor parking garage and can't get it out of park nor have a flatbed tow me out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Endless7
4th Gear

Anyone have suggestions on what to do? Or if there is anyway I can manually start the car to get to the dealer?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this same exact thing happen to me in a parking lot on a 115F afternoon (brake peddle icon, no start). I replaced the battery on site, no help. I pulled the battery back out and walked it back to the parts store, came back and it fired right up with the old battery. Nothing for over a year now??

I dismissed it as a ECU glitch, good luck. Let us know what you find out.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:54 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I've been having similar issues for the last few weeks. Here's what I'm experiencing. Start the car (it starts right up), then a series of warnings appear, Air suspension, brake proportioning, AWD failure, PSM failure. During that time I can't move it out of park. After idling for about a minute, all the warnings clear and it is perfect. No issues whatsoever.

So far I've replaced the battery (single battery CTT) and it didn't change anything. I have NOT seen an ignition lock faulty warning. I'm at a loss...
Old 02-23-2014, 01:41 PM
kicks21
2nd Gear

Guys any resolution on this issue? Endless7 how'd you start your car? Havin same problem, and will have problem with flatbed since I got stuck inside an airbase... Appreciate tellin me how you resolved this issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 Brake Proportioning and Ignition Lock Fault Issue?