Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between 2013 and 2014 Cayenne Diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
dale59911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My June build 2014 with the Premium Plus does not have lane departure warning, nor does Porsche show it as part of the Premium Plus package on their interactive build. It does have lane change assist which is very nice as the visibility out the sides is somewhat restricted. One other must have, again due to the restricted visibility, is the rear camera. Can't see for squat out the back of the vehicle. My two cents on that,

I did get the PASM with the steel springs and there is a subtle difference in the ride on certain types of roads. Nothing earth shattering, however. It is my wife's car and she does like to put it into comfort mode on the highway. I have about 350 miles on the D and we love it.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:00 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PASM is always an extra except on Turbos
Old 08-21-2013, 03:06 PM
997CS4
Instructor

This is what I read about the 13 and 14 MY differences:
1. New Option Offerings
Lane Departure Warning
The lane departure warning function will expand the range of driver assistance systems available for the Cayenne model line in model year E. Using a camera integrated in the mirror base of the interior rear-view mirror, lane markings on both sides are recognized. The readiness of the system and the identified lane marking are displayed in the TFT display. If a lane departure is imminent, an acoustic warning is issued. This assistance system is active at speeds of 40 mph or higher. When the turn signal is activated during a lane change, the function is temporarily deactivated. The lane departure warning function can be deactivated and activated using a button in the center console.
2. Vehicle Enhancements
A. Optimized liftgate operation
From model year E
B. Sport Exhaust Button
In the future it will be possible to activate the sport exhaust system via a separate button in the center console as in the sports cars and Panamera without simultaneously activating sport mode.
C. Revised Center Console Button arrangement and naming conventions
With the introduction of the separate button for the sport exhaust system and the new lane departure warning driver assistance system, the grouping of function buttons for standard and optional functions on the center console has been revised. The following overview presents the changes in detail:

D. Entry and Drive Ignition Switch
The outer edge of the static ignition switch with Porsche Entry and Drive is now trimmed to match the interior trim pieces and the middle section is finished in black.
3. Exterior Color Overview The range of exterior colors for the Cayenne models is being revised for the model year E. Auburn Metallic will be replaced by the color Mahogany Metallic. The special color Carmine Red was already introduced in model year D.
4. Interior Color Overview The range of interior colors will be increased by adding the two- tone leather interior Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red, previously exclusively available only on the Cayenne Turbo S. Start of Production CW22 of 2013
4. Electrical
• New button assignments for function buttons on center console:
- Removal of central locking system button, replaced by Porsche Hill Control
- Merging of the functions rear window heating and optional heated windshield - Replacement of Porsche Hill Control button with the Lane Departure Warning - Replacement of heated windscreen button with sports exhaust system
• Symbol for off-road switch “On/off-road symbol” => “ON ROAD / OFF ROAD”
• New power window button symbols
• Optimized feedback when deactivating the Auto Start Stop function via in-
button LED and TFT notification
Interior
• Enhancement of the rotary light switch (from 12/2013): Chrome rim around the rotary light switch
7. I-options
• New exterior color: Mahogany Metallic
• New interior colors: Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red
• Lane departure warning (7Y6)
• Enhancement of the operating element for the Porsche Entry & Drive option • Optimized operation of the powerlift tailgate
Old 08-21-2013, 04:02 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDC
Do you have a scan of the diesel brochure that shows PASM is included?

Thank you! :-)
Sure enough, the Porsche CD brochure still states that PASM is included in the Premium Package. Here's the link for download:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...y/?gtabindex=5

Said the same thing when I ordered my 2013CD in 11/2012. Pointed this out to my salesman / sales manager, and they assured me that it would not show up on my vehicle unless I ordered the PASM option separately. They were right -- no PASM, and I have the Premium+ package.

Premium+ comes with LCA, as it did in the 2013 model. Brochure says nothing about Lane Departure Assist in the packages. My bet is it's an extra cost option -- just like PASM.

Last edited by philg3; 08-21-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

PASM showing as a $3980 option

LCA $850 or free with the $10,000 Plus package lol
Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by 997CS4
This is what I read about the 13 and 14 MY differences:
1. New Option Offerings
Lane Departure Warning
The lane departure warning function will expand the range of driver assistance systems available for the Cayenne model line in model year E. Using a camera integrated in the mirror base of the interior rear-view mirror, lane markings on both sides are recognized. The readiness of the system and the identified lane marking are displayed in the TFT display. If a lane departure is imminent, an acoustic warning is issued. This assistance system is active at speeds of 40 mph or higher. When the turn signal is activated during a lane change, the function is temporarily deactivated. The lane departure warning function can be deactivated and activated using a button in the center console.
2. Vehicle Enhancements
A. Optimized liftgate operation
From model year E
B. Sport Exhaust Button
In the future it will be possible to activate the sport exhaust system via a separate button in the center console as in the sports cars and Panamera without simultaneously activating sport mode.
C. Revised Center Console Button arrangement and naming conventions
With the introduction of the separate button for the sport exhaust system and the new lane departure warning driver assistance system, the grouping of function buttons for standard and optional functions on the center console has been revised. The following overview presents the changes in detail:

D. Entry and Drive Ignition Switch
The outer edge of the static ignition switch with Porsche Entry and Drive is now trimmed to match the interior trim pieces and the middle section is finished in black.
3. Exterior Color Overview The range of exterior colors for the Cayenne models is being revised for the model year E. Auburn Metallic will be replaced by the color Mahogany Metallic. The special color Carmine Red was already introduced in model year D.
4. Interior Color Overview The range of interior colors will be increased by adding the two- tone leather interior Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red, previously exclusively available only on the Cayenne Turbo S. Start of Production CW22 of 2013
4. Electrical
• New button assignments for function buttons on center console:
- Removal of central locking system button, replaced by Porsche Hill Control
- Merging of the functions rear window heating and optional heated windshield - Replacement of Porsche Hill Control button with the Lane Departure Warning - Replacement of heated windscreen button with sports exhaust system
• Symbol for off-road switch “On/off-road symbol” => “ON ROAD / OFF ROAD”
• New power window button symbols
• Optimized feedback when deactivating the Auto Start Stop function via in-
button LED and TFT notification
Interior
• Enhancement of the rotary light switch (from 12/2013): Chrome rim around the rotary light switch
7. I-options
• New exterior color: Mahogany Metallic
• New interior colors: Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red
• Lane departure warning (7Y6)
• Enhancement of the operating element for the Porsche Entry & Drive option • Optimized operation of the powerlift tailgate
The optomized liftgate operation doesn't work. I can't close it from either inside or from the key.

Need to ask dealer about this.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 PM
wds928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is the page from the Diesel booklet.

Got a call from a dealer about 500 miles away with a '13 CD, PP+, 21" 911 Turbo wheels, Umber, 2-tone Umber/Tartufo interior, Walnut interior Pkg, Walnut heated multifunction wheel, Moonroof, Bose Pkg, Trailer hitch and Roof Rails + Roof Transport.

Offering 7.5% off sticker for the '13. I have a '14 CD spec'd out with Premium Pkg, Park assist F/R, with reversing camera, trailer hitch, 19" wheels, Espresso/Cognac natural leather, seat ventilation, Dark Blue metallic, compass on dash, color wheel caps, which stickers at $79,000.

I can go with either Umber, Dark Blue or Grey paint, with two-tone leather, Umber Tartufo or Espresso/Cognac (a $1,500 upcharge of regular 2-tone leather).

I really like the Espresso/Cognac interior, but seeing Needsdecaf's build and the pictures, the Umber, Umber/Tartufo also looks great

I can wait for November delivery for this ordered '14 or get the '13 with many more options than needed.

So basically a '13 more loaded available now or a pretty nice '14 for much the same $$.

Decisions...decisions.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Page 27 Diesel booklet.pdf (67.1 KB, 218 views)
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by wds928
I have a '14 CD spec'd out with Premium Pkg, Park assist F/R, with reversing camera, trailer hitch, 19" wheels, Espresso/Cognac natural leather, seat ventilation, Dark Blue metallic, compass on dash, color wheel caps, which stickers at $79,000.

Decisions...decisions.
You might want to consider Premium Plus -- particularly if you want the reversing camera and ventilated seats that are included in this package, as you also get LCA, and other nice to have features, for not much more. Check it out, as I found the packages to be a much better deal than ordering options separately -- particularly that reversing camera was an expensive option to add to the Premium Package.

On the 2013CD, the 21 inch wheels may be a hard ride without PASM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
PASM showing as a $3980 option

LCA $850 or free with the $10,000 Plus package lol
Free lol

BTW, I like your new picture. Much better than the plane!!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

thanks

never dare a fool
Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

14s will be $900 more.

I still cant believe the smallness of the Screen.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:13 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDC
Do you have a scan of the diesel brochure that shows PASM is included?

@Visitador.. I've just ordered a 2014 CD (my first porsche), due for delivery in Nov 13, when ordered it didn't have Lane Departure listed, only LCA - can you show me where it's included?

Thank you! :-)
Congrats. My first Cayenne, second Porsche.
The inclusion of the LDW in the Premium Package plus was confirmed by my salesperson, who talked with the Porsche rep. On the build your Porsche website, you cannot independently select LDW if you select Premium Package plus. I thought it was odd and that is why I asked my salesperson. He then confirmed the reason was because it was already included.

I wish the configurator was more intuitive. Also, I wish Porsche would have printed the 2014 brochure before hand. As it is, I think my CD will arrive (end of Sept.) before the new brochure.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

I have a '14 CD spec'd out with Premium Pkg, Park assist F/R, with reversing camera, trailer hitch, 19" wheels, Espresso/Cognac natural leather, seat ventilation, Dark Blue metallic, compass on dash, color wheel caps, which stickers at $79,000.

Decisions...decisions.
Like the prior poster, I would suggest considering the Premium Package plus. Also, a friend of mine who has a Volvo S60 rave about the adaptive cruise control. I included that in my CD after reading positive reviews in the Porsche forums.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Got a call from a dealer about 500 miles away with a '13 CD, PP+, 21" 911 Turbo wheels, Umber, 2-tone Umber/Tartufo interior, Walnut interior Pkg, Walnut heated multifunction wheel, Moonroof, Bose Pkg, Trailer hitch and Roof Rails + Roof Transport.

Offering 7.5% off sticker for the '13. I have a '14 CD spec'd out with Premium Pkg, Park assist F/R, with reversing camera, trailer hitch, 19" wheels, Espresso/Cognac natural leather, seat ventilation, Dark Blue metallic, compass on dash, color wheel caps, which stickers at $79,000.

I can go with either Umber, Dark Blue or Grey paint, with two-tone leather, Umber Tartufo or Espresso/Cognac (a $1,500 upcharge of regular 2-tone leather).

I really like the Espresso/Cognac interior, but seeing Needsdecaf's build and the pictures, the Umber, Umber/Tartufo also looks great

I can wait for November delivery for this ordered '14 or get the '13 with many more options than needed.

So basically a '13 more loaded available now or a pretty nice '14 for much the same $$.

Decisions...decisions.
Thanks, we love our color combo. Based on what you are saying above, I'd grab the 2013 at the discount. There really aren't any significant differences.

The 21's on standard suspension will be stiff, though. Ours is on 20's.

Quick Reply: Differences between 2013 and 2014 Cayenne Diesel?