Sponsored by:

Good quality car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
dale59911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good quality car cover?

I have read many pros and cons about car covers. We travel a lot and kept our Toyota Highlander for the longer stays in airport/hotel parking lots. A couple of places that we leave our cars for shorter periods are covered but not completely enclosed. The dreaded "bird poop on the paint"

Does anyone have an idea regarding a car cover that won't damage the finish on the car?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 PM
DenverSteve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are only a couple of quality cover manufacturers who put several different names (including Porsche) on them. However, my .02 is just that, it is a car with car paint and bird poop won't matter that much. Don't park under trees or bird nests. Covering a car, to me, in a public parking lot is an invitation to mooks to look underneath and see that the fuss is about. Parking something else in long-term parking lots.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Travis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah, probably not a great idea to cover a car in a public lot. Too tempting.

I did buy a car cover off of eBay a few months back for the truck. I think it was about $80 delivered. It's not a custom tailored job, but it fits well, doesn't blow off and keeps the truck clean.

Before the cover goes on, the truck gets a wipe down with a detailing spray so there's no crap on it to grind away on the paint. Protects against the neighborhood cat too so that's a bonus.

Quick Reply: Good quality car cover?