Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 CS - MoBridge or Nav-TV for iphone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Yorkshire_Jon
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 CS - MoBridge or Nav-TV for iphone?

All,
I really want to be able to play music from iphone (and charge it) and also use the phone capabilities of the PCM unit via Bluetooth. My car has Navigation and Bose Sound - PCM 2.0 I believe and running software version 3.0.

Ive read many (old) threads about this and have ended up with options of either NAV-TV Tooki plus OPi or the MoBridge with AUX and Bluetooth offering.

Some of the old threads suggest the firmware is / was a bit buggy and clunky with iPhones, so the question now after both firms have had time to sort their units out, is which would people buy today?

I understand the Nav-TV option would not require any PCM programming and that the MoBridge unit probably will.

I am after simplicity and reliability of use and decent quality sound (previous attempts at Bluetooth streaming sound leaves a lot to be desired).

Any advice on which is best?

Thx
Jon
Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,466 Likes on 919 Posts

Does your PCM unit have the phone-prep option? Are there telephone buttons on the head unit? If not, then you may be out of luck...
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 AM
Yorkshire_Jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Does your PCM unit have the phone-prep option? Are there telephone buttons on the head unit? If not, then you may be out of luck...
Yes. I have the 2 phone buttons above the number pad and the SIM tray above the repeat button.

When I put a SIM card in the slot and press the phone button it says something like Phone not available, but the buttons and SIM tray are definately there.

Thx
J
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It will work then, since your down under and Mobridge are made there that might be your best bet
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Yorkshire_Jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by mudman2
It will work then, since your down under and Mobridge are made there that might be your best bet
Thanks. Looks like the MoBridge is my best bet. Now just need to stump up the $$

Jon
Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Orantes
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jon. You will still need the phone coded on at the dealer. Also, you will need you're cd stacker coded off. I have a Mobridge in my 2004 Cayenne with ipod and bluetooth. I am in Australia too.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Yorkshire_Jon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Orantes
Hi Jon. You will still need the phone coded on at the dealer. Also, you will need you're cd stacker coded off. I have a Mobridge in my 2004 Cayenne with ipod and bluetooth. I am in Australia too.
Thanks for the info, good to find someone that actually has recent 1st hand experience with the unit. Do you find the MoBridge easy & intuative to use and dare I say, good value for money?

With the MoBridge can you play music & charge through a cable connection, or is it Bluetooth only? From my reading I think its wired, but arent 100% sure.

Also, with the iPhone phonebook, all my contacts are in the phone once and each has multiple numbers (mobile, home, work etc). Does the mobridge unit see all these number against one name or do you have to have 1 contact with 1 number (hope not!!).

Thx
Jon
Old 05-04-2013, 04:14 AM
Orantes
Racer

Jon, the reason I know these things is because I haven't had my phone coded on yet! It will not work without coding, although all the other bluetooth music streaming features work. The whole setup is not what I'd call "user friendly" but once you get comfortable with how you navigate through the menus it's pretty good. I like it. It also sounds great. Your stacket will not work once you install the Mobridge. Also, until you get the stacker coded off, you will get an error message every time you start the engine (this is easily cleared though) BTW, my PCM has phone prep (has the phone buttons). The bottom line is, the unit works well and was easy to install. I just haven't been to the dealer yet to get the coding done.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Orantes
Racer

BTW, if I lived in Sydney I'd let you check my Mobridge out......but I live 5 hours away!

Quick Reply: 2004 CS - MoBridge or Nav-TV for iphone?