Sponsored by:

Clear seat memory settings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear seat memory settings?

Hi guys, I've searched and searched and can't find anything definitive, so if its already been covered, sorry, I guess I missed it.

How do you clear the seat memory settings?

I want to start from scratch and program two settings to two keys.

I won't even go into all the random **** this thing does with the settings, I know that's been beaten to death already

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:20 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to "clear". Move your seats/steering/mirrors to where you want them, then store in whichever memory slot you want. That will simply write over what was in there previously. That's for the memory buttons in the door. And if I'm not mistaken, the key fob memories then "learn" from them. I don't have that feature on my key fob, but I'm pretty sure I saw the procedure you want in the owner manual.

//greg//
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM
jasonmd2
Track Day

Thanks Greg. I read the manual and it tells you how to program them but not clear them. I didn't think you needed to clear them but when I was at the stealership the other day they told me to clear them...I didn't think to ask them how when they said it.

Of course this all started by asking about all the random stuff the car is doing with my memory settings...so I'm pretty sure I'll just have to deal with it as I've seen this as a VERY common thread with these cars.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:01 PM
grohgreg
Pro

I can't speak to the 2005, but my 2013 has an annoying seat memory glitch. When I shut off the engine and remove the key fob, the steering wheel rises. Subsequently opening the door causes the seat to slide back. So far so good, this is the normal exit convenience function. When I return to the car and reinsert the key fob, the wheel and seat are supposed to return to the positions stored in whichever memory selection was last used. The steering wheel lowers fine, but the seat seldom cooperates. It wants either to not move at all, or only return part way. Selected "other" electrical activity causes interruption of seat return. A push/hold on the appropriate memory button is required to finish the travel.

Dealer says there's no fix, but I have a workaround. Insert the key fob, the seat will start moving. But don't turn it yet. Instead, reach for the seatbelt. By the time you're strapped in, seat return is/should be complete. Only then do I start the engine

//greg//
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

@ greg
I've noticed if I get in, select memory 1 while the door is still open, then insert key and turn key to "on" - but not starting vehicle - the setting goes to the memory 1 including steering wheel and seat positions.
If the door is closed or the engine running, need to hold the memory button down till it completely cycles.

It's not a "glitch", it's a "feature"
Old 01-18-2019, 08:50 PM
magicfan
Advanced

There is a way and I have seen it online. You have to incline your seat forward as far as it goes and then do something. I have cleared it the same way it was instructed but I simply could not find it online anymore. A poster has posted it and it works. All the memory is cleared in the seat and the steering wheel.
I wish I could find it again.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:07 PM
tats
Instructor

Originally Posted by magicfan
There is a way and I have seen it online. You have to incline your seat forward as far as it goes and then do something. I have cleared it the same way it was instructed but I simply could not find it online anymore. A poster has posted it and it works. All the memory is cleared in the seat and the steering wheel.
I wish I could find it again.
incline as far forward as possible and keep you finger pressure on incline until you hear a ‘pong’

Quick Reply: Clear seat memory settings?