Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overall Reliability of Cayenne

Old 05-06-2016, 03:16 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CTTS520
Acuras are fine automobiles but they don't make anything comparable to a Cayenne and all of its capabilities. I am impressed (and a little skeptical) by the extremely low running cost of your TL. If you maintain a Cayenne properly and drive it likes its meant to be driven, you will probably go through $3000.00 in brakes, oil, filters, and tires in 40,000 miles. Some vehicles just cost more to operate than others.
I appreciate the skepticism and not just being accused of lying.
It might be my OCD but I maintain meticulous records on all of my vehicles including every registration and insurance card ever issued.

Part of what kept the cost low but only by about 20% is that my dear friend is an Acura tech and did most of the work where he is employed. Parts were discounted as well as the labor but each visit had a work order for the liability.

I am looking at a CPO 2016 Hybrid Cayenne that has 8k miles with the PASM, adjustable suspension height control, pure LED headlight system, panoramic roof and upgraded 21" wheels along with other goodies for $74k. Does this seem like a good deal?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:45 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
I appreciate the skepticism and not just being accused of lying.
It might be my OCD but I maintain meticulous records on all of my vehicles including every registration and insurance card ever issued.

Part of what kept the cost low but only by about 20% is that my dear friend is an Acura tech and did most of the work where he is employed. Parts were discounted as well as the labor but each visit had a work order for the liability.

I am looking at a CPO 2016 Hybrid Cayenne that has 8k miles with the PASM, adjustable suspension height control, pure LED headlight system, panoramic roof and upgraded 21" wheels along with other goodies for $74k. Does this seem like a good deal?
I don't have any direct knowledge or experience with the 2016 Cayenne Hybrid and its pricing so you'll have to wait for someone that knows more than me to tell you if it's a good deal or not. I will say that, personally, I would feel bullet proof in a CPO with 8k miles.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:03 PM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboslut
true....but just look at the brakes on the Cayenne...lol.
Yea. I think I will start savings account for when the time comes to replace the front rotors on my CTTS.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:53 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, barring anyone coming in here screaming in all caps to run and run fast, I'll be picking the car up tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:55 PM
ClayDancer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dale59911
After reading the threads about replacing this and that....just curious about the general overall reliability of these vehicles. I have friends with BMWs that have gone 125,000 miles with no service problems. My Toyota Highlander is a 2002 with 93,000 miles and other than inspections and oil changes....nothing. Most of my friends with MBenz tell me the same thing.

I am not questioning the handling, ride etc but what is starting to spook me a bit is the reliability. Is this thing so performance tweaked that it is not as reliable as one would expect?

Thanks for any input on this.

I have a 2012 Cayenne. Stalled 3 times in 2 blocks. Dealer said all sensors showed no problems. When the dealer drove it home, it stalled on him, too. Finally found that the Crankshaft Pulse Sensor needed to be replaced. So far, so good.

When sensors show no problem when there is a problem, it is likely that one of the sensors is bad.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Cdroot
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great SUV!

Bought my 957 V6 Cayenne for $14,500 CAD 2 years ago. Changed spark plugs, air + cabin filters, changed fluids: transmission, brake, power steering, coolant, oil - in the beginning. Also did the Jimi-fix just in case.

It's been super reliable and luxurious to drive, aside from the 2 problems below. It's a gas guzzler, but it's good we only live 5 minutes away from work. Great car!

Problems:

1. gas cap leak - changed to new cap and error code dissapeared. ($45)

2. Windshield washer fluid leak - new pump, problem solved ($45).

Last edited by Cdroot; 08-18-2018 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Adding pic

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Overall Reliability of Cayenne