Sponsored by:

Side Indicator Lights in Headlight System

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
ronn356
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side Indicator Lights in Headlight System

I'm puzzled over how to get the lights in my headlight cluster that "point" when you turn the wheel to function. I had been getting a error message on my main display that said "Check side indicator lights", but my side lights on the fenders are fine. I think the message was referring to the "pointers", as every other light is working fine.

My light cluster mini-bulbs that point didn't seem to be functioning, so i had the bulbs replaced, even though they looked fine. They did not show up as existing in the system on the tech diagnostic screen either.

I tried them out tonight but got no results. I had the engine on, put it in drive, and tried turning the wheels with the lights on. The mini-lights did not work. I had low beams on but not brights.

Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No help here, but the 'pointers' are called 'cornering lights'. Try a search and you'll get a bunch of hits. Usually answer is clean the connections.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
ronn356
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OKAY - I'll look for that using your suggested search phrase.

Thanks for the tip on words. I was just going on what verbiage Porsche uses on my screen, which wasn't even clear to me.

Connections were clean, but I may have to clean them again. Replaced the lights too.

Quick Reply: Side Indicator Lights in Headlight System