Sponsored by:

Tow Hitch fault! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
chrispiec
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Hitch fault! Help!

Hi again folks. so i just realised i hadnt operated the folding tow hitch on my cayenne so i pressed the button in the trunk and it would fold out. I tried the button a few times i could hear something like the motor trying to kick in but then it just stopped doing anything and the lights on the switch werent on. I then could hear the fans running even though i had the keys in my pocket. i then tried to switch ignition on and nothing would happen. I had to end up removing the fuse No.19 on the right hand side and this stopped the fans and made it possible to start car. What on earth has happened. If i put the fuse back in the fans would kick in and i cant turn ignition on. I have now left the fuse out, no choice, and i am getting the tow hitch fault warning constantly displayed on the dash.

Has the faulty tow hitch perhaps shorted the whole ignition system or something? this car is driving me nuts with all the stupid little issues.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just so you know you're probably going to have to wait for the European owners to help you with this one. Here in the states we don't have the pop out tow hitch, we have a "receiver" type hitch and have to manually insert the "receiver insert" to witch the hitch ball is attached.

I don't know what type hitch the guys down under get, they might be able to help you?

Quick Reply: Tow Hitch fault! Help!