Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 CTT vs G55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I imagine putting on Cole's 32" wheel/tires on a new GTS would be very bad ***. I've seen a few Black GTS's with Black wheels and the metal front/rear skid plates, and with the exhaust on sport - bad ***.

I still lust after a Ford Raptor SuperCrew. They actually drive very well and very smooth (honestly), and talk about presence....but you will have to take it offroad. It is also huge and a Ford...

I've driven a G, and while I love the offroad capability, the onroad driving dynamics and interior comfort are tough to absorb if you are not utilizing its design purpose.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 PM
aeGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I trust that the RL's comments have been helpful. Nevertheless, you make the final determination; I humbly suggest that you test drive (hopefully an extended one) and decide for yourself, if feasible.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:30 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

I wasnt a fan of the older G wagon interiors. But loved the concept. Like the 993 of utility vehicles.
(The 2013+ are much better interiors.)

Time came to replace my escalade and I went straight to the G.
I keep a G63 in Eastern Canada as a year round utililty and I love it. I will most likely replace it in 3 years with another G wagon. They are so nerdy, I love them. The windows are big with very little blind spots and they are built like tanks. Any weather. Any day. tow, show or shopping.

It is not something to shop compare with a X5 or Cayenne. The G is a novelty, But practical. But not a modern SUV competitor.
I keep a Range Rover in southern USA and it is also not a competitor to the G wagon.
Closest competitor would be a Defender 110 but they are really too minimal compared to a G wagon.
G wagon is well appointed luxury, but it is a spartan ride and handling. (Think Hummer H1)

The G550 would be sufficent. The G63 is excess x 10. It is the unorthodox hot rod.

People either love them or hate them. No Inbetween.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:06 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 134 Posts

Holly thread resurrection, batman! This is from 2013...
Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I have been mulling over a change from my 20k mile Cayenne as well. I too like the Raptor SVT and the G-wagon. However, the Raptor won't fit in my garage and, according to local owners gets 8-9mpg around town with the 6.2L
As much as I like the G, every report makes me think I could not stand to drive it on the road. A test drive confirmed it and that was in the G63!
It's hard to top the handling and braking of a Porsche. I am too OCD about my cars to use the Cayenne as on off road/hunting vehicle even with proper tires. Oh well, my son will be driving soon and wants a pickup. Perhaps, a truck for him is the solution.

Quick Reply: 09 CTT vs G55 AMG