Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 CTT Front Parking Sensors acting up... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Pat_03
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 CTT Front Parking Sensors acting up... HELP!

So i have had my 2005 CTT for over 4 months now and parking sensors have worked perfectly to date... over Christmas, it snowed for the first time and all of a sudden the front parking sensors started going a bit haywire whenever I come to a stop. They just start screaming at me and it will look like it's coming from the left, then right, then both... then it will stop. I checked to make sure there wasn't a build up of snow on the bumper, but nothing.
The next day everything seemed fine again, and has been for the last 2 weeks, but then it snowed again quite heavy today and the same thing happened, except I got the red lights only coming on, which I understand means there is a fault? Funny thing is, once I got in my underground parking, they starting working perfectly well again. Any idea what's going on?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Parking sensors will ice-up and give you false alarms. I recently travelled to upstate New York over Xmas and was caught in the recent snow storm. My front sensors iced over several times. This is not the first time nor the first vehicle I've noticed this. Don't worry, it's normal and I doubt there's anything wrong with you sensors.

Quick Reply: 2005 CTT Front Parking Sensors acting up... HELP!