Sponsored by:

04 Cayenne S cat bypass problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Herk121
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Cayenne S cat bypass problems

I install a leistung cat bypass exhaust on my 04 cayenne s 2 days ago and two problems ...first i had to cut off the bolts on the flex pipe which in turn damaged it where now it has a small exhaust leak I will fix this with a mig welder since its right on the flange no biggie....but second and driving me crazy is when I dive it there is a vibration coming from center console like the exhaust is hitting something.. I checked exhaust clearance and no issues as far as I can see...But it has to be since thats the only thing I changed.....weird thing is its farther back then where the exhaust I installed is ....althought I had to drop cross member bar to access pipe so maybe I did something when removing it...any help would be great to talk me off the cliff thanks...and yes I'm new yay
Old 12-08-2012, 05:23 AM
TurboSman
Track Day

I had the same issue with the bypass pipes rattling in my turbo S. mine were fabspeed but they are very similar. I noticed when the rpms dropped to idle it would rattle. You have to have someone give it gas and play with the rpm range while watching the pipes. You will notice them moving quite a bit just bend the hangers up a bit and keep re testing. It took me about a week until I got the rattling to go away. As every time I adjusted the hanger it would rattle at a different rpm point. Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Herk121
6th Gear

Right now it only makes the noise while driving in gear , won't doing it just stepping on the gas in park ..
Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 PM
TurboSman
Track Day

Replacing the flex pipes to help stiffen things up should resolve the issue then.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Herk121
6th Gear

Do you mean replacing flex pipe with a new flex or replacing with a hard pipe?......I had my go pro camera under the car and its not hitting anything but it is vibrating a lot... maybe just reverb vibrations going through the vehicle? the hangers on this exhaust are pretty thin compared to the stock system...I'm running out of ideas!!! I might have to take it to a muffler shop
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Herk121
6th Gear

well TurboSman you were right I had to keep playing with adjusting the hangers and it worked!!! what a pain in the @#$ but all is well....bad thing is that I tore the bottom of the flex pipe and I used header wrap and some hose clamps to seal the small leak .....thanks for the help!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
TurboSman
Track Day

Anytime, glad to hear its fixed and welcome to rennlist.

Quick Reply: 04 Cayenne S cat bypass problems