Sponsored by:

PTV Plus - how important

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kocsis
Interesting. Using my favorite 360 degree exit off the Mass Turnpike (exit 17), I could feel the non-gizmo equipped (meaning no PDCC, no PTV+) CS lean and roll...even my wife complained. In comparison to my 997, which takes the turn at 60 mi. like on rails. Of course, I assume that even with all the gizmos the CS won't drive like the Carrera S.
Funny story - about a year ago a cop pulled me over for driving 65 in that exit. I told him that's the only fun I can still have, and he let me go with a smile.
P.S. I actually do have other means of having fun.
Hey, drive it in good health. Some still criticize the car, but I think it just about perfect... you likely will too...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
And for me the handling is more than adequate and the power of the TT is noticeable and useful in normal driving

guess that's what makes the World go 'round...
Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
^^^

Couldn't agree more. Don't care for any of the options discussed here and didn't go for them on '11 CTT. Handling is amazing.
TEHO, without doubt. I find the S more than adequate but no question the TT is even more of a blast. And the TT surely has amazing handling, but with the additional suspension enhancements handling is amazing +. We all pay our money, and make our choices don't we?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, of course you're right and I wasn't even suggesting going for TT over S. Just thought I'd offer a different opinion on PDCC/PTV. FWIW, I still miss the feel of steel springs on the old 955S and wish air suspension was optional on TT.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Mike, of course you're right and I wasn't even suggesting going for TT over S. Just thought I'd offer a different opinion on PDCC/PTV. FWIW, I still miss the feel of steel springs on the old 955S and wish air suspension was optional on TT.
It's all good, Pops. BTW and OT, who's the gorgeous woman in white in your latest avatar? Very familiar but I can't place her. (This post will seem pretty odd in a couple of days when you've changed back to Mickey, et al.... )
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
It's all good, Pops. BTW and OT, who's the gorgeous woman in white in your latest avatar? Very familiar but I can't place her. (This post will seem pretty odd in a couple of days when you've changed back to Mickey, et al.... )
Laetitia Casta from a recent "Venus in Furs" campaign

Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

furs? who would have thought..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Laetitia Casta from a recent "Venus in Furs" campaign
Ok thanks, not to display my shallowness because I know she's done lots of other things but she was also a Victoria's Secret model; that's where I've seen her before.....
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ok thanks, not to display my shallowness because I know she's done lots of other things but she was also a Victoria's Secret model; that's where I've seen her before.....
Yes! She was with VS in the early years, when they had one of their strongest casts with Varenika Varekova, Eva Herzigova, Rebecca Romijn, etc., etc.

Quick Reply: PTV Plus - how important