Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 CTT Front Bumper Removal help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 CTT Front Bumper Removal help?

Anyone have a guide on how to remove the darn front bumper?

Today i tried removing all the screws underneath..

All screws on top by hood latch..

then 1 screw each side of inner wheel fender liner.. still couldnt really move it to take off.. what im i missing?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

From another thread:
Remove bolts on top and bottom of bumper. Remove the wheel well liner or peel it back. Remove side marker light (yellow light). I think there are bolts attaching the bumper to fender near the side marker light also. Remove headlight and you will see where the bumper slide away from fender (where the fender meets the bumper). There is a tap there (triangular shaped maybe) press the tap and the bumper will release. I forgot press in or out, but when you see it is obvious. just to be clearer, when you are standing facing the car with the driver side headlight removed, the tap will be on the right side where the fender and bumper meets about 2 inches or so inside. Right before you remove the bumper, may need to disconnect headlight washer hose and / or other wire connectors.
It was a 'reverse-facing' T28 at the top of the wheel arch hidden behind that really stiff top fender liner... geez. Luckily, I had a blanket down as it just fell right off. That 'tab' wasn't really doing much

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx I did see this today to but still couldn't figure it out lol

Quick Reply: 2005 CTT Front Bumper Removal help?