Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keyless remote fob (entry & drive) locked inside!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless remote fob (entry & drive) locked inside!

Grr, this is theoretically supposed to be impossible. Walked up the to the tailgate of the locked car with key in gym bag. Open the tailgate no problem, put all my stuff in, forgetting that my key is inside the bag. Push the auto close and tailgate relocks with key inside, which would be normal behavior only when key is outside.

Any ideas what might have caused this? Have never gotten any low battery warnings before. The remote has been in service almost 4 years now (MY2009). I'll be at the dealer dropping off the car tomorrow morning for unrelated PDCC issue (again). Anything I should have them look at specifically while it's there? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Was your cell phone in the bag too? Sometimes my cell signal interferes with the key if they are right next to each other, such as the same pocket. If I separate them then the key works. Maybe the same thing happened to you? Just a guess.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Phone wasn't in the bag this time thankfully. I have noticed that sometimes when they are in the same pocket in my pants, and I'm standing outside, the key is not recognized. I had always figured that it was due to metallic interference, and not from radio interference since the two operate on different frequencies.

Quick Reply: keyless remote fob (entry & drive) locked inside!