Sponsored by:

2013 GTS on the way, trading in the 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2013 GTS on the way, trading in the 2008

Just found out my GTS is leaving the port and will be at the dealer this weekend. I'm going to trade in my 2008 Cayenne Silver / Black with only 30,750 miles, which has been a great car. It's in the classifieds if you're interested. I will post pics of my GTS when I pick it up this weekend.

Attached is the build I went with if you're curious.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2012, 01:06 AM
brquebral
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I like your set of cars...
Old 11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ what he said..lol
Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats, i hear the new cgts is simply awesome to drive, and you have chosen a great (maybe even the optimal combo IMHO, given the standard alcantara interior) color combo of white/black/carbon. can you post or link to a photo of your panamera gts- love that mexico blue!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 408 Likes on 208 Posts

Great build, congrats! Out of curosity, did you purchase the GTS locally in Vegas?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Thank you for posting the details of your spec.

We are very seriously considering going the GTS route. We have a deposit for an S with the dealer, but have not finalized the order yet. After looking at the options we were considering and comparing it to the GTS, we are thinking that will be the route.

Our dealer gave us an opportunity to take their demo on an extended test drive and, no doubt, the GTS is quite a vehicle.

I will be really interested to see your pictures as we too will likely go with white exterior and a pretty stock interior. Our spec would be quite basic though, as a "base" GTS is pretty much at our cost threshold. It is easy to talk me into options, but I am trying to hold the line. From all I have read the PTV and PDDC (which you have) are great performance options.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

500_19B, I would seriously go with the GTS unless you prefer the non-turbo look in the front. The GTS has the Porsche’s new Sound Symposer tech which enhances the visceral appeal/feel as pressing Sport induces the V8 audio to be piped into the cabin via the A-pillar.As for me, I am extremely happy with our CS but it's intended purpose is a highway cruiser. Hence no sport exhaust or sound symposer is needed. Instead it has noise a insulating glass. I did a detailed review on all the options when I first bought the Cayenne. Check that thread out when you get a chance. Please don't forget to option it wtih PDCC/PTV. To the OP a big congratulations.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-01-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slwong23
Great build, congrats! Out of curosity, did you purchase the GTS locally in Vegas?
Yes, from Vegas

Originally Posted by 500_19B
Thank you for posting the details of your spec.

We are very seriously considering going the GTS route. We have a deposit for an S with the dealer, but have not finalized the order yet. After looking at the options we were considering and comparing it to the GTS, we are thinking that will be the route.

Our dealer gave us an opportunity to take their demo on an extended test drive and, no doubt, the GTS is quite a vehicle.

I will be really interested to see your pictures as we too will likely go with white exterior and a pretty stock interior. Our spec would be quite basic though, as a "base" GTS is pretty much at our cost threshold. It is easy to talk me into options, but I am trying to hold the line. From all I have read the PTV and PDDC (which you have) are great performance options.
I will post some pics on Friday or Saturday. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by Joseph O'Reilly
congrats, i hear the new cgts is simply awesome to drive, and you have chosen a great (maybe even the optimal combo IMHO, given the standard alcantara interior) color combo of white/black/carbon. can you post or link to a photo of your panamera gts- love that mexico blue!
Thanks J.O. The Mexico Blue Pano GTS was completed at the factory yesterday! Hopefully it wasn't painted black and orange, but I'm sure the Germans were looking at he Blue saying "What ist das! Pano! ein Blu?" or something like that. The car should be here by XMAS. I'll definitely post pics.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 165 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats! Looks like a great spec!
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

As promised, here are some pics of my just delivered GTS. The pano sunroof is awesome.
Attached Images         
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Dr99
5th Gear

That is awesome. You spec'd the car exactly how I would have...line by line. Love the contrast of white and black. Congrats.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
dbtk
Instructor

Nice!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Lexlthr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is SWEET!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by redantporsche
As promised, here are some pics of my just delivered GTS. The pano sunroof is awesome.
Thank you very much for posting those pics. The car looks great. The white really contrasts well with the turbo-look front end and the black-surround bi-xenons.

The carbon package looks great with the GTS alcantara/leather style.

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
...I did a detailed review on all the options when I first bought the Cayenne. Check that thread out when you get a chance...
Thank you very much for telling me about that thread w00t, I had not seen it before. It was very informative. Of course, it makes me think things like "Yeah, should go for the Burmester..." and "Hmm... full leather interior... it really not that much more..."

Anyway, in my case, a pretty base GTS is sort of like the Cayenne S with the options that we were considering (RS Spyder-design wheels, air suspension, sport-design package) and I will likely keep it pretty much base for budgetary reasons...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Beautiful GTS. Agree with you 500_19B, bare bones GTS gets you the once you mentioned. What more do you need. Just enjoy one of the best Cayennes ever. I am very happy for you all.

Quick Reply: 2013 GTS on the way, trading in the 2008