Sponsored by:

Water Pipe/Coolant T replacement DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Pipe/Coolant T replacement DIY

Has anyone does this? I saw my coolant pipes were updated to metal ones last year but dont see the T's behind the engine being done. I have my intake manifold off now and was wondering if there is a DIY guide.. i know everyone said it was a B***H
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess there isnt a diy on this cause its soo effing hard to do lol
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM
bfly
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
i guess there isnt a diy on this cause its soo effing hard to do lol
There are instructions on renntech but if you have the intake off already then it should be pretty self explanatory. You'll want a set of remote hose clamp pliers, skinny arms and a whole lot of patience. I removed the driver's side air pump bracket as well.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
bansasn
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a big job...I wish they could of put the alternator underneath the car or something!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Assuming it's a Turbo, the coolant tee in back is really, really difficult. Makes the rest of the Coolant Pipe surgery seem easy.

The big Coolant Pipe thread at the top has most of the info you need. Here's my take on just the tees:

https://rennlist.com/forums/8288895-post200.html

In any case - you'll definitely need spring-loaded hose clamp pliers, because you can't see what your'e doing whatsoever - you'll be reaching blindly behind, relying on what you feel with your finger tips. But the real challenge is once you get the hose clamps off, the lower hose end is hot-fused onto the other tube. So it becomes a nightmare to detach. I had to slice mine off with a razor blade.

I was so frustrated with how hard this was that I literally stopped on two separate occassions and considered towing it to the dealer. So accept that this will be a challenging little project/puzzle. In the end it's a satisfying accomplishment.

Quick Reply: Water Pipe/Coolant T replacement DIY