Disable Nav prompt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Disable Nav prompt?

My CD is on the boat and looks like an early Nov delivery

Against my better judgement (and I'm regretting it) I went with the Premium package which of course includes Nav. One of the things I hate most about Nav systems is the stupid "pay attention to the road, not the Nav" warning that pops up every time you start the car.

Is it possible to permanently disable that? If not, is there any way to disable the Nav functionality altogether but leave the rest of the functionality of the unit (iPod integration)?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That never pops up on my car
Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Really? That's encouraging since both the v6 and diesel models I test drove did it.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pops up my MY13 CTT
I am not aware of any setting that disables the warning..Must touch "confirm" on screen to view
Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Does it pop up every time you start the car or press the NAVI button? I do have to confirm some kind of warning each time I need to use the navigation, but nothing pops up when I start the car and/or use the PCM.

'11 CTT.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time i hit map button or nav after start up
Old 10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

When I turn on the car, SAT or iPod kicks in and I don't have to confirm anything, unless I'm using navigation. So, leave the PCM on radio/cd before turning the car off and you'll have to confirm that message only when using navigation?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
When I turn on the car, SAT or iPod kicks in and I don't have to confirm anything, unless I'm using navigation. So, leave the PCM on radio/cd before turning the car off and you'll have to confirm that message only when using navigation?
That's good enough for me if that's the trick. The iPod interface is the only reason I stepped up to the PCM. So if the Porsche unit is smart enough to remember that it was last on the iPod (many cars don't seem to be in my experience) that should work out fine for the once in a blue moon I might want to use the Nav system.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Orantes
Racer

You can change the start-up screen on the PCM in the settings from the Main screen. You can choose Main, Audio, Nav or whatever on start-up. However, you can never get rid of the Nav warning confirmation, but that will only display when you hit the Nav button.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never ask you to "confirm" after you start unless you want to use the map or nav mode. I think this is a legal thing. All my Lexus did this until the latest models where a message pops up for a few seconds and goes off by itself.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's annoying for sure, and I'll follow this thread just in case someone actually does find a solution.

The warning on my 2011 Touareg Nav only came up once when the car was new. Period. That said, it had an annoying "safety" feature of its own. Attempting to change the destination or add a stop while the car is moving caused a pop-up that warned not to do this when the car is moving. Reminds me of the pre-hands free days when one had to pull over to the side of the road to safely conduct a cell phone conversation. But even then, all I had to do was touch "OK" - then proceed with adding/changing destination anyway.

//greg//
Old 04-19-2021, 05:27 AM
Lee Turner
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
It's annoying for sure, and I'll follow this thread just in case someone actually does find a solution.

The warning on my 2011 Touareg Nav only came up once when the car was new. Period. That said, it had an annoying "safety" feature of its own. Attempting to change the destination or add a stop while the car is moving caused a pop-up that warned not to do this when the car is moving. Reminds me of the pre-hands free days when one had to pull over to the side of the road to safely conduct a cell phone conversation. But even then, all I had to do was touch "OK" - then proceed with adding/changing destination anyway.

//greg//
Has anyone figured out a workaround so you don't have to hit confirm everytime you turn the navi on in a PCM 3.1?
Old 04-20-2021, 12:18 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Turner
Has anyone figured out a workaround so you don't have to hit confirm everytime you turn the navi on in a PCM 3.1?
holy 9 year resurrection

Quick Reply: Disable Nav prompt?