PCM Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Clutch-n-Throttle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PCM Help!

I just had my bonehead moment today.

A little background. I have a 2006 CS with Bose. I installed a mObridge/Cartronic BT/Ipod module for the PCM. It worked flawless for the past 3 years.
For the past 3 months, I have been having problems with the PCM. The radio/CD/mObridge would play and then cut out. The PCM screen would display "Loading CD...", the CD mechanism inside the PCM would run, and then the music will come back. If I was on a call thru the mObridge/BT, the "Loading CD.." would kick it and completely drop the BT function. I went to the Porsche Service and had them remove the CD changer from the MOST list as recommended by other mObridge installers.

A couple of weeks ago then PCM screen started to flicker and the PCM would go into a continuous reboot procedure. After some troubleshooting, I had to remove the CD mechanism inside the PCM for the system to work.

I thought I had solved the problem. Then it started again. I was noticing that mechanism for the CD changer in the rear would activate occasionally. I thought I had read somewhere that all connectors to the CD changer needed to be removed. I installed the loop on the CD changer fiberoptic connector.

Here's the bonehead move. I could not remove the other connector to the CD changer. It is a small connector with three wires; a brown, a yellow/orange and a white/orange. I decided to snip the wires. Well... Im up SCHIT creek. Now I lost the phone, amplified and NAV functions. I soldered the wires back and reconnected the whole system. I locked the car and let it sit for 15 mins. Still nothing.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know if there is a PCM/MOST ring fuse somewhere on the car?

I guess if I can't get this solved, I'll have to go the aftermarket stereo route. Not happy that I will have to drop $1K or more to get the stereo back.

Please advise.

PS: I know I'm idiot. Be gentle.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Clutch-n-Throttle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Uh.... Never mind. It was a blown 5A fuse in the passenger side fuse box. I think it was #9

I can't brain. I got the dumb!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Quick Reply: PCM Help!