New CTT uh oh...Brake Booster Fault

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
ericstaup
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CTT uh oh...Brake Booster Fault

Just purchased a 2004 CTT.
70000 miles clean records, coolant pipes had been replaced, drive shaft had been replaced, 21in wheels. Had an Indy look it over couldn't find anything to speak of other than the brake pads are down to last 15% and an emission fault code that says one of the secondary pumps needs attention but this doesn't need to be replaced(according to him) as it only works for a few minutes until warmed up and I don't even notice any issues.
So anyways...start hearing a low pitched whining sound today(which actually is a high pitched whining sound being filtered by the excellent sound deadening in the Porsche) and later on a lunch run I get a Brake Booster Fault warning(Ok now I am re-thinking my decision to buy a naked 2004). But I do a google search and immediately find someone on Renntech that had the exact issue and even posted pics of his repair.
Long story shortened...I followed his direction and Eureka! Same exact cracked plastic hose. Short drive later..all better.
I want to thank you guys for the selfless advise many of you give on these forums. Hopefully I'll be able to give something back.
Cheers,
Eric
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that problem on mine too. Congrats on the new ride.

Quick Reply: New CTT uh oh...Brake Booster Fault