Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cayenne Detailed Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Shaolin
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though your reivew is for the new Cayenne, but knowing you owned a previous Cayenne I now feel a bit more comfortable of getting a used Cayenne. Still thinking for 09/10 cayenne GTS.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:32 PM
dddd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vitaman
Great analysis.
Agree with you on PDCC and PTV. Also very accurate look at voice recognition.
I will have to disagree with you on 2 tone interiors....but of course a matter of taste. The full leather 2 tones are some of the most beautiful interiors out there.
The 18 way seats are worth the extra step in being a little more careful entering, at least from my experience of increased comfort.
Good explanation of the stereo upgrades.
If you tire of not being able to close your rear hatch remotely, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTWGWV_Q4s Works as advertised.
Thanks. We actually agree on the two tones, they are gorgeous, just not the look I was going for. I will have to look into that tailgate remote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
dddd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shaolin
Even though your reivew is for the new Cayenne, but knowing you owned a previous Cayenne I now feel a bit more comfortable of getting a used Cayenne. Still thinking for 09/10 cayenne GTS.
Although, I didn't put it in the review, I looked at a couple of 09 Black GTS's before deciding to go the new route. The biggest difference (obviously) is the interior, but the two I saw were in excellent condition and looked great outside and inside. I wouldn't hesitate on an 09/10 GTS, especially if you can get one with PDCC. IMHO, these models provide the best price/performance today of all Cayenne models new and old. Good Luck.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:20 AM
silverbullet69
Track Day

Originally Posted by steph280
Here is a detail install instruction for the Audi's, it should be similar to the Cayannes.

I guess Audi has the same problem.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec165.shtml
Thanks steph280
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Shaolin
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dddd
Although, I didn't put it in the review, I looked at a couple of 09 Black GTS's before deciding to go the new route. The biggest difference (obviously) is the interior, but the two I saw were in excellent condition and looked great outside and inside. I wouldn't hesitate on an 09/10 GTS, especially if you can get one with PDCC. IMHO, these models provide the best price/performance today of all Cayenne models new and old. Good Luck.
Thanks. I just think the 09/10 GTS has the most aggressive looking/style of all Cayenne, especially compare to what you have now.

So how do I know if this car come with the PDCC option?
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dddd
Thanks Tex94. I enjoyed your review as well. If you remember about horse shoe light, do let me know, it would be nice to use at say 35%. Anyone else know how to throttle back the intensity of that light. I have done voice adaption. Frankly just haven't had the time to play with it yet, but I am looking forward to playing around with it.
This is the button to press and hold. Works only if you have the light comfort package. The photo doesn't have this button marked because it came from a car that didn't have that option.
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2012, 09:45 AM
vitaman
Advanced

I do have the Kufatec module and it works as advertised.
I had the Dealer put it in so I don't know what it entails.
Don't think it took them very long.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Detailed Review