Sponsored by:

2012 Cayenne S and Vehicle/Key Settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Balloonmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2012 Cayenne S and Vehicle/Key Settings

Just took delivery of a new 2012 Cayenne S and am trying to store vehicle settings. I can store the seat and mirror positions to both the buttons on the driver's door and the individual keys. I thought I would be able to also store some PCM functions to those same keys, e.g., a set of SAT stations for my key and a separate set of SAT stations to my wife's key. We have been unable to make that work. Reading the manual, I cannot find anything, either in the Owners Manual or the PCM manual to be able to do this. I had also thought that many other functions (door unlock/lock, interior lighting options, multi-purpose display, settings, etc.) could be stored on each key, but, again, can't seem to make this happen. Any ideas and thanx in advance.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

jeopardy sound X
Old 07-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife seldom drives the Cayenne so I haven't played with settings on the keys. I do know that per the manual on my 2011, at least, you need the comfort memory package to have settings assigned, but you probably have that.

I don't think there is a dynamic way to assign functions to individual keys; whatever settings have been made in the car are automatically assigned to the key when you lock the vehicle with that key. Try making your changes then lock the vehicle with your key. Then unlock the vehicle with your wife's key, make her changes, then lock it with her key. Your individual settings should now be on each key, if I understand properly how the feature operates.

If that doesn't work (or if that's what you've tried) I don't know what else to suggest.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Tex94
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike has good suggestions. The other thing I would try is enter the car with your key (make sure the other one is no where nearby), set everything up the way you want it, then hit the 'set' button on the door and then the '1'. Leave the car, lock it, go back to the house and get the other key and leave the first one there. Repeat the process. I think this will store the settings for you.

There is also an app for the iPhone for the Cayenne which includes videos and the owners manual which covers this.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that issue with one key, but not the other key. Brought it up to SA on my last visit and he told me to bring both keys in next time, and they will re-program them to fix the problem.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had issues as well with the settings being retained. I now hit the number 1 or 2 button on the driver door twice when switching from one key or setting to the other, it seems to work. I cannot explain why.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Balloonmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I continue to have weird things happen. For example, I placed the headlight switch in the Auto position. Twice I have looked down there and the switch had moved back to the fully Off position. I have two other vehicles (2010 Porsche 997 and 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee) both of which I keep the headlight switch in the Auto position and don't ever have either of them having the switch move back to Off by itself. I am returning to the dealer in Oct and will make an appt with the SA to see what is going on. Perhaps each key needs to be "programmed" on a Porsche computer before it can accept individual settings - I just don't know. In any case, the car drives absolutely beautifully and I really it a lot. Now I just need to resolve these electronic issues and it will be perfect.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Balloonmeister
I continue to have weird things happen. For example, I placed the headlight switch in the Auto position. Twice I have looked down there and the switch had moved back to the fully Off position. I have two other vehicles (2010 Porsche 997 and 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee) both of which I keep the headlight switch in the Auto position and don't ever have either of them having the switch move back to Off by itself. I am returning to the dealer in Oct and will make an appt with the SA to see what is going on. Perhaps each key needs to be "programmed" on a Porsche computer before it can accept individual settings - I just don't know. In any case, the car drives absolutely beautifully and I really it a lot. Now I just need to resolve these electronic issues and it will be perfect.
This has never happened to me in my '11 Cayenne S. The switch has a pretty positive detent. I suspect poltergeists.....
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Balloonmeister
I continue to have weird things happen. For example, I placed the headlight switch in the Auto position. Twice I have looked down there and the switch had moved back to the fully Off position. I have two other vehicles (2010 Porsche 997 and 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee) both of which I keep the headlight switch in the Auto position and don't ever have either of them having the switch move back to Off by itself.

My P!G must have the same poltergeist because same exact thing happens & it drives me nuts, though I am kind of used it. I just attribute it to my huge gut, which rubs against it as I get out
Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poltergeists wouldn't be caught dead driving the Jeep...

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne S and Vehicle/Key Settings