Stereo problem 04 Cayenne Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
nall
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hefu
I'm really thankful for the help!

What happened was that the airbag in the driver chair and the side airbag went off when I crashed, and the shop said that's why the fuse went off. I dunno....

Thanks!
hefu, i have the same issue you did--hearing only muffled bass from the stereo--and this might be the only thread on the internet on this specific topic.

do you have any other information? any idea which fuse under the seat? thanks for your help.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:58 AM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 117 Posts

Oh, excellent, of course my pig is only the third in the history of pigs to have a similar issue.

this just started with my PCM 3 on a 2009 CTTS. Ironically, just as I placed the new PCCM+ into the footwell to return to the dealer. It is like the old unit is giving me the finger.

So, regardless of source (aux or tuner), my system appears to only be playing through the subwoofer. Or at least only very deep bass sounds. At first I thought some asshat nearby was playing loud music and all I could hear was muddy bass. Nope, I’m the asshat, apparently.

Only possibly related symptom is a random fault in the electrical system for footwell light potentiometer implausible.

no, I don’t have water under my mats. Yes, I checked.

save me. Together we will revive this pig from certain doom (I’ve had my share of issues with this one, thank you very much…)

Old 03-04-2023, 09:34 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts

Sounds like a problem with the main amp.
You have fiber optics for your audio, right? So your sub has done the troubleshooting for you. I believe it has its own little amp.
I'd bang on the main amp with a hammer for giggles while the system is working with bass only. I bet the sound comes back.
If you're not handy with a soldering iron, I'd recommend a used amp on fleabay.
Check the fuse first though if you haven't already.

Quick Reply: Stereo problem 04 Cayenne Turbo.