Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Cayenne questions (Thank you!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 AM
955CTS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Cayenne questions (Thank you!)

Hello

I've just acquired my 2nd Cayenne (2006) and are looking for some advice here

1. RE: Panorama Roof tilt issue
My Panorama sunroof won't tilt. The middel section moves a little up and right back in normal / closed position. I have the OEM roof rails if that makes a difference.

2. RE: Panorama Roof closing issue
Sometimes the middle section of the glass panel won't close properly. My dealer says the only way to solve it, is to removing the entire glasroof and replace the wiring. They say it will take around 6 hours + the necessary parts. Anyone else experienced this problem / easy solve?

3. RE: Panorama Roof noise
When driving from around 100+ kph (62+ mph) i find the entire roof very noisy. I have the roof rails which might be a cause? I've had a Q7 with the Panorama Roof option and didn't notice wind noise from the roof like in the Cayenne. In the Cayenne I have the double glass - maybe that's why the noise from the roof i so significant?

4. RE: BOSE Speakers
Is the '8" Nd Woofer in each front door' suppose to play music, or does it just work as a bass. I am a noob when it comes to the technical bits I know, but all the other speakers seem to play actual music, besides the big ones in the lowest position in each front door. The matching ones in the rear does plays music for instance.

5. RE: 6th gear on highway
When driving in 6th gear on the highway, the engine/exhaust is pretty noisy - not very comfortable at around 140 kph (87 mph). If i recall right, the RPM is lying at around 4.000. Is this normal for a Cayenne 3.2L V6? I've been driving a Range Rover for some time, therefor I can't remember how the old cayenne sounded.

Thank you very much for your help!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As for the first three questions, I've never seen a panorama roof with roof rails. In fact, the Service Information book says "The Panorama roof system cannot be supplied in conjunction with the optional roof rail or the roof rail including drip mouldings..."
It is very possible that the word "cannot" is a typo though.
It sounds like your roof motor is not timed correctly with the switch. The system may need to relearn it's positioning.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne questions (Thank you!)