Buying a Porch Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Issa Nshaiwat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Porch Cayenne

Hi Guys,
I need your help. i am thinking to buy a used porche Cayenne in fact i found one here where i live in angola it is a 2008 model with a V6 engine and have 54 000 km here finding good mechanics is not an easy job so the first question is what to look for when buying a used car?
second: is it a reliable car for an everyday use?

thanks in advance guys and i really need you help and advice

cheers
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Issa Nshaiwat
Hi Guys,
I need your help. i am thinking to buy a used porche Cayenne in fact i found one here where i live in angola it is a 2008 model with a V6 engine and have 54 000 km here finding good mechanics is not an easy job so the first question is what to look for when buying a used car?
second: is it a reliable car for an everyday use?

thanks in advance guys and i really need you help and advice

cheers
With that low mileage, you should not have much trouble with the car. Not sure what your climate is like, dusty? I would make sure that the car had regular oil changes along with all filters.

Use the search function and read through the first few threads on the top of the forum for issues.

Since it is a V6 this will mean you don't have to worry about starter issues, torque converter seals and exploding coolant pipes.

Check the brakes, in the USA it is about $1400 or so to do all for discs, pads, etc. so I imagine parts will be more expensive in your country and with the KM you have on the clock, it is close to due for its first brake job, depending on how the car was driven.

These cars need a lot of special tools to work on, so if you do have problems I would only bring it to another high performance german shop, that does BMWs or Mercedes for example.

I don't know the warranty for ROW, or if there is even an authorized dealer, there might be a warranty still on the vehicle, but if the car is an gray market import, it may not be valid anymore.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Issa Nshaiwat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Touareg,

thanks for your great advice actually i have a relation with the VW dealers here where they sell a lot of tourage and as i understood they share lots of parts so i belive going there would be a good idea what do you think.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:43 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

The early V6 was a modified VW motor, I am not sure about the new one as the specs are quite different.

But for general maintenance, yes the VW dealer, if they work on touaregs, should be able to do brakes, oil changes, etc and will have for the most part the proper tools.

Anything of course specific to a cayenne, will of course be specific Lots of parts may appear the same but are slightly different (transmission for example) or are exactly the same parts.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Buying a Porch Cayenne