Sponsored by:

cayenne secondary bypass pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA
For you guys with the cat bypass already. Are you planning on replacing the rear exhaust as well or do you think it's aggressive enough with just the cat bypass + stock exhaust?
I'm also sticking with just the bypass pipes. Gives me the sound that should have come from the factory without being so loud that the neighbors can hear you coming from a mile away or complaints from family on long roadtrips. IMHO, ~$400 makes this a worthwhile mod, but ~$1200+ for a full cat-back is a little excessive just for making it louder with marginal inoticeable mprovement in performance over the pipes alone....unless , of course, you also mess with the programming .
Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budget M3
I'm also sticking with just the bypass pipes. Gives me the sound that should have come from the factory without being so loud that the neighbors can hear you coming from a mile away or complaints from family on long roadtrips. IMHO, ~$400 makes this a worthwhile mod, but ~$1200+ for a full cat-back is a little excessive just for making it louder with marginal inoticeable mprovement in performance over the pipes alone....unless , of course, you also mess with the programming .
++++ 2 !!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
I'm leaving the rear exhaust alone on mine ('06 CTTS). For the argument I did use the Fabspeed as that is all I could find at the time but I would have used the Leistung if I had known about it at the time. The Fabspeed did come with all new bolts and gaskets so make sure the Leistung comes with it too so you will have all new stuff for the install.
This is the first I've ever heard of Leistung, I've left the bypass as the only modification as I believe it's an adequate improvement over the stock sound. It's an SUV, not a race car (at least for me).
Old 06-24-2012, 07:02 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told the video was private, sorry about that, i just updated the settings.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:27 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Thanks for the responses!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA
For you guys with the cat bypass already. Are you planning on replacing the rear exhaust as well or do you think it's aggressive enough with just the cat bypass + stock exhaust?
I did both on my CS and within 48 hours got pulled over by the CHP and given a noise ticket. The car drove and sounded great, but it was definitely too much (I was scaring people in parking garages).

BTW, if anyone is interested, my Cargraphic exhaust is up for sale, only $999.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by medtech
I did both on my CS and within 48 hours got pulled over by the CHP and given a noise ticket. The car drove and sounded great, but it was definitely too much (I was scaring people in parking garages).

BTW, if anyone is interested, my Cargraphic exhaust is up for sale, only $999.
Aaron, PM sent.

Quick Reply: cayenne secondary bypass pipes