Sponsored by:

Took Delivery of My Cayenne S Yesterday - Long

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Sprtan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Took Delivery of My Cayenne S Yesterday - Long

Well...after much "this, that, and the other" in terms of research, negotiation, and ultimate purchase...my new Cayenne S was delivered yesterday.

Details: Cayenne S - Black/Black Interior Embossed Leather/Sunroof/Bose/Driver's Memory Package/19 inch Wheels/Dark Wood Steering Wheel/Heated Front Seats

Funny anecdote: I needed to coordinated end of lease drop of my Jaguar while facilitating pick up of my new Cayenne. The solution that I worked out was to have my Porsche dealer drop off my Cayenne at the Jaguar dealer so that when I came in for my lease return, the Jag dealer would give me the keys to my S, I would turn in my Jag and then drive away. The hilarious thing was, the Cayenne arrived ~1 hour before I did. When I got to the Jag dealer, everybody from the service manager, the guy with Enterprise Rental that provides loaners, the Sales Manager who sold me my Jag, to the receptionists where coming out to me in awe with "You're the owner of the Porsche. Can I take a look at it? It looks amazing!". I had to laugh at the steady parade of queries and people that I had to practically car show demonstrate my new vehicle to - from Jaguar! I did have to give credit to the Sales Manager for attempting to make one last pitch before I drove away.

Day two ownership and I absolutely love this vehicle. It handles with the typical German automobile "heaviness" that I have enjoyed in the past from BMW. I find the appearance to be extremely appealing (even with the preponderance of plastic "silver"). As I have said in a previous post, I feel that I got a very fair deal, both in vehicle cost, as well as, financing T&Cs. The entire buying experience was extremely pleasant.

EuroCarNut, I believe that you mentioned a good contact name in the service department named Larry? at Boardwalk Porsche. Is this the right name?

So if any of you are Dallas area Cayenne owners (particularly NoDal, Las Colinas, and Park Cities since this is where I frequent) look for me. I will be the one with the Texas plates of SPRTAN.

Lee
Old 05-09-2003, 06:38 PM
EuroCarNut
Instructor

Lee,

Yes, Larry Neighbors is the service advisor from Boardwalk Porsche that I mentioned earlier. He is a rgeat person to know as he is very resourceful and very genuine.

I am also in the Park Cities area. I've got the the silver/havanna S that's all over north Dallas (2500 miles already). Throw me a wave if you see me.

Maybe we can get a Dallas happy hour together soon.

Karl
Old 05-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Jim Lamb
Instructor

Sprtan, congratulations! Seems like a lot of new Cayenne owners popping up on the board lately. Hope you enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Took Delivery of My Cayenne S Yesterday - Long