Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo failed US emissions test

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:53 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cayenne Turbo failed US emissions test

My Cayenne Turbo is stuck in Baltimore. Reportedly the Cayenne Turbo failed the EPA test and a number of Turbo's cannot be delivered.

Does anyone know something about this?
Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Jim Lamb
Instructor

Sounds like someone is feeding you a line as an excuse for why your vehicle isn't here yet. Plenty of turbos have already been delivered to customers.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:22 AM
dawktah
Racer

Yep this is correct! My TT has been sitting in Baltimore since the first week of April. I have another post that address this issue. Its any Cayenne with 7VE Parking Heater with timer.

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000457" target="_blank">http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000457</a>

The most upsetting info I have heard was that they are being sent back to Germany. I have changed the subject of the post a few times as I got more info.

PM me if you want more details or ask here.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:29 AM
dawktah
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Jim Lamb:
<strong>Sounds like someone is feeding you a line as an excuse for why your vehicle isn't here yet. Plenty of turbos have already been delivered to customers.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Hey Jim, I know but none have the Parking Heater with timer. I have called about 10 dealers in various states none have been delivered. A few have come up with constructive lies as "I can get one!"
Old 05-08-2003, 12:44 AM
jorgep
Track Day

I happened to look at this board (usually I stay in the 993 board) because I happened to see a Cayenne TT today in black here in Miami, Fl. So they must be coming in somehow.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:57 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

Dawktah

Thank you for your input. My car has indeed the 7VE option. I do not need that at al, since the car is in a heated garage (I would like the preheated oil though). I stepped in an existing slot that had that option.

My dealer told me a few days ago that the parts had arrived from the factory. So, there is some hope that the car does not have to go back to the factory. If I hear more I will post it

Rijk
Old 05-08-2003, 02:47 PM
dawktah
Racer

rijk365gtb4,

They are going to make this hard because they just told me my replacement will be here Wednesday. I have a feeling my ordered truck will be here the following week.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:07 PM
JeffES
Pro

I may cause some grief here, but to tell the truth, many wondered about EPA certification for the heater. You see, current regs require a "closed" fuel system - that is, no opening in the fuel system save the motor itself - thus the extensive vapor recovery system, plus the "one way" fuel injection system on the Cayenne (Boxster and Carrera, too). By definition, the aux heater is a second opening in the fuel system.... I admit, I don't know how they planned to get around that, but someone obviously thought that they could.
Due to US law, aux heaters went away years ago...
J
Old 05-08-2003, 06:07 PM
JeffES
Pro

I may cause some grief here, but to tell the truth, many wondered about EPA certification for the heater. You see, current regs require a "closed" fuel system - that is, no opening in the fuel system save the motor itself - thus the extensive vapor recovery system, plus the "one way" fuel injection system on the Cayenne (Boxster and Carrera, too). By definition, the aux heater is a second opening in the fuel system.... I admit, I don't know how they planned to get around that, but someone obviously thought that they could.
J
Old 05-08-2003, 06:08 PM
JeffES
Pro

sorry for the double post....
Old 05-08-2003, 06:59 PM
dawktah
Racer

This points more towards the going back to Germany that I was told by a Dealer.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by JeffES:
<strong>I may cause some grief here, but to tell the truth, many wondered about EPA certification for the heater. You see, current regs require a "closed" fuel system - that is, no opening in the fuel system save the motor itself - thus the extensive vapor recovery system, plus the "one way" fuel injection system on the Cayenne (Boxster and Carrera, too). By definition, the aux heater is a second opening in the fuel system.... I admit, I don't know how they planned to get around that, but someone obviously thought that they could.
J</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 05-08-2003, 08:30 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

OK, so I turned around and with some great help from a poster at Ferrarichat.com I have now another Black/Black TT (without the heater option). Car is here and I will take deliverythis Saturday

Thanks for your input

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo failed US emissions test