Sponsored by:

Saw my first Cayenne S Fender Bender a few days ago

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:17 PM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Saw my first Cayenne S Fender Bender a few days ago

Type A personality Soccer mom with 1 hand on the cell phone and one hand on the weheel cutting through traffic on Kanan Blvd bridge in Agoura. Severely rear ending a Honda Accord (I believe)....The 5,000 lb brick on wheels sent that parked (At a stop light) Honda atleast 30ft into oncoming traffic.....I guess if she was driving a Turbo Pepper. Maybe she could have gotten more distance on that Honda (sort of the automotive equivalent of Dwarf Tossing)
Old 03-26-2003, 05:32 PM
sivaDseliM
Advanced

shocked. It's going to be hard to take next winter when I have to see Porsches along with all the other SUVs upside-down in the median in a quarter-inch of snow.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:46 PM
RobertG
Racer

that fender bender was a striking lesson in cause and effect physics. Up until then 5,000lbs plus was just a big number on paper. But when you see the aftermath of "Peppers Gone Wild"....You see that the Pepper is really heavy and dangerous to other cars.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
sivaDseliM
Advanced

Agreed: brilliant physics illustration...and a not-so-subtle reminder of who is going to be driving these.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:28 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

There's no proof the Cayenne is a dangerous vehicle, the driver is another matter!
Old 03-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

How Far do you think the Accord would have gone if it had been hit with a F-350 Dually with some redneck drinking a cold one?
Old 03-26-2003, 11:58 PM
RobertG
Racer

well, actually having a 2000 Ford V10 F350 Crew Cab Duelly that I use to tow the 911 and Boxsterto the racetrack. I can tell you that in that short distance I saw her go by me. There is absolutly no way I could get my F350 going that fast to punt a Honda that far. If anything. the truck would probably climb up the trunk. Anyways. Your average F350 Crew Cab Duelly driver isnt a speed freak poser that a Pepper driver is likely to be. F350s are too much of a gas swilling hog with too low gearing to get going fast in a short distance.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

You evidently hang with a different crowd of Dually drivers, the aluminum siding installers, painting contractors, and lawn maintenance guys that drive F-350s around here could give Michael Schumacher a good race any day. Your opposition to the Cayenne is well documented and some might say "Freudian", give it a rest! Many of the Cayenne folks on this forum, which, by the way, is the Cayenne, not F350 forum, also own other Porsches, I will haul my 911 to the track with a Porsche, not a Ford.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:07 AM
RobertG
Racer

hey, red neck ,,,YOU were the one that brought up the F350..........anyways, have fun hauling your 911 in a cross wind with a short wheel based SUV.... Sorry, but even as a race car Tow vehicle. I know the Pepper will again, show that its got too many compromises...It will prove that its not a REAL Porsche and NOT a Real Tow vehicle when the going gets tough. Nothing beats a Big Long wheel based Duelly when it comes to towing and towing utility. All the pepper is going to be good for is for Type A Soccer moms and those Colorado Aspenite types
Old 03-27-2003, 02:41 AM
cmoss

Lots of type A soccer moms out there...
And their money is as green as everyone else's.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:54 AM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Robert, I'll post my impressions. I bought my Cayenne for many things including to tow a race car to the track. We'll see....

ACW
Old 03-27-2003, 03:44 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
"All the pepper is going to be good for is for Type A Soccer moms and those Colorado Aspenite types"

Robert isn't time you give up on the bashing? Your starting personal attacks at people and stereotyping Cayennne Owner's. We will be just fine towing our race cars to the track.. cross wind and all... Lets all start a fund for Robert if we all put in $5 we can pay for is issues!
Old 03-27-2003, 05:13 PM
dawktah
Racer

Unless I see pictures I am not willing to belive this accident actually happened. The bashing is going too far.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:26 PM
RobertG
Racer

im sure there is some insurance guy with loads of photos of it.,,,,,,,until then, keep your head buried in the chicago snow.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Deanger
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>There's no proof the Cayenne is a dangerous vehicle, the driver is another matter!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Thank you for writing this. I might add that I'm sure this woman's previous : A) Suburban, B) Explorer, C) Excursion, D) Navigator, E) Escalade -- would have not exactly just kissed the other car either.

In fact, assuming a lot of things, wouldn't a Cayenne, due to superior braking, be a better beast on the road than the above?

Quick Reply: Saw my first Cayenne S Fender Bender a few days ago