Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

101 Projects for your Cayenne (Humor)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:58 PM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 101 Projects for your Cayenne (Humor)

Found this over on the Pelican Parts board . . . kudos to the author Rich911E, Tumalo.

----------------------------------

Let's Help Wayne Out With Ideas for "101 Projects for Your Cayenne"
I think we should help Wayne get started on this book right now before somebody else does it. This book is potentially a huge money maker since you can obviously sell the Cayenne owner anything and charge a huge amount for it. It will probably get PelicanParts a 12 page article in Forbes.

To get the ball rolling, here a few ideas that should target the audience's level of competency:

1. Adding air to the tires on your own. Time= 1 hour; Difficulty level = 5; Cost: $27 ($5 tip to gas station attendant to instruct use of air hose; $20 dry cleaning for rustic-looking wool gabardine pants; $2 for latex exam gloves to protect manicure)

2. Getting Coffee While Someone Else Changes Your Oil. Time = 1 hour, Difficulty Level = 3; Cost $125 (Visit to doctor's office to ensure you are OK after having learning that you consumed non-designer brand of coffee in the waiting room = $120, Bottle of Pepto Bismol = $5)

3. Modifying Cup Holder to Accomodate Mega Grande Latte. Time:4 hours, Difficulty Level 7; Cost = $700 (Porsche Upgrade Coffee Holder Kit = $300, Custom fitted overalls with embroidered Porsche crest = $200; Neiman-Marcus signature screwdriver set = $100; Massage Therapist to massage aching limp wrist = $100)

4. Installing Floor Mats. Time: 2 hours, Difficulty level 4; Cost = $450 (Porsche Factory Mats $200; Feng-Shui Consultant to assist with color choice and alignment = $250)

5. Installing Radar Detector: Time = 2 hours, Difficulty level =4, Cost = $1120 (Radar Detector = $100, Cell phone call to Stuttgart for help in locating cigarette lighter under camoflaged plug = $20; payment to local police department resulting from test to ensure radar detector is working $300, Net present value of 5 year increase in insurance rates resulting from test = $700)

6. Upgrading GPS Software: Time 6 hours; Difficulty Level 9; Cost = $600 (Worldwide Starbuck's locations Software = $120; Worldwide Peet's Coffee locations Software = $180; Spa Locator Software = $200; Polo Club Registry Software = $100;

7. Installing Lacrosse Stick Holder: Time 4 hours; Difficulty Level 8; Cost = $675 (Porsche Techquipment Lacrosse Stick Holder Kit = $500, Neiman Marcus Signature Screwdriver Set (exclude if already purchased for cup holder project) = $100; Color coordinated calfskin mechanic's gloves = $75)

8. Adding Windshield Washer Fluid: Time 6 hours; Difficulty Level 10; Cost = $2650 (Complete Set of Porsche Service manuals for Cayenne = $800; biohazard 4 level containment suit (just in case of fluid spill) = $1400; Porsche Design titanium framed protective eye glasses = $400, Scented Non-Toxic, Environmentally Sensitive Sierra Club Approved Washer Fluid (aka distilled water) = $50/12 ounces.

Please add your ideas -- We can make Wayne a millionaire!
Old 01-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
9. Watching Wayne when he's rolling on the floor, laughing his a$$ off reading this hilarious material for Cayenne book (skill level 8):
Priceless!

I want that book!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
Robert,
we might as well have fun while porsche burns down! Do they really have a Porsche Techquipment Lacrosse Stick Holder Kit?? My son would love it as a joke in the GT2... altho' we go to Lax practise in the Yukon XL which is big enough - unlike the Cayenne -- to be useful.
watt
ps thanks again for your help, i was unable to send you emails further [undeliverable]
Old 01-31-2003, 05:44 AM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to Viewpoint in Calabasas as an ankle biter.....I used to play..nothing better than a Lacrosse fight! Makes a Hockey Fight look like a sissyfit.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:12 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
My son goes to Viewpoint;I'm pitching the Headmaster to start a Varsity Lacrosse Program!! He's playing on the Malibu Club team.
Glad to hear you're an alum. The school's 25 acres now, they bought the scholl next door.
Best Watt

Quick Reply: 101 Projects for your Cayenne (Humor)