Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S with air-suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:10 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my '04 Cayenne S without PASM - I could'nt find one here in the Midwest , but it has the pneumatic self leveling package. Is this package standard on US models w/o PASM?

TIA!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:15 PM
GM Austin
Pro

Pneumatic self leveling package? Are you certain? Any chance this is a dealer installed aftermarket item?
Old 01-11-2004, 10:45 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never heard of that option, was it on your window sticker specification ?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:13 AM
dchoutx
Intermediate

( , but it has the pneumatic self leveling package. Is this package standard on US models w/o PASM?[/B]
If this is true, you must have PASM. "Pneumatic self leveling" is a major function of the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system........
Old 01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I hope you're right. I'll investigate at the stealer.

BTW, I bought this unit off the lot and later was told that it had been ordered with several options by a Physician who later cancelled the deal & lost his deposit. The service manager told me this the other day after he found out that I had bought it.

He also said that it had come with the invisible trailer hitch without the ball but this was removed after delivery and a credit of $590.00 does appear on an added invoice sticker that was on the vehicle. I did not see a PASM option on the window sticker either.

Thanks again and I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
GM Austin
Pro

You can tell from looking at your console. Does it have a lever to the right of the low range/diff. lock lever that raises and lowers the suspension. If yes, you have PASM, if no, you don't.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Ah...... ha! The elusive invisable trailer hitch....... Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know someone else who accidently got the electrically retractable tow hitch, on an 03.

I checked a couple or euro P websites and cannot find the self leveling option anywhere.....its air

Last edited by mudman2; 01-13-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:24 AM
GM Austin
Pro

We will wait to see what ljugete tells us about his console but I bet it is dealer BS. There is certainly no self-leveling option from Porsche on the steel sprung Cayenne. There is some possibility the dealer added some aftermarket self-leveling setup but I doubt it.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:08 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Hey Torags, I know, I know, there's no such thing as an "invisible trailer hitch" - I hope you know what I meant to say -> a retractable trailer hitch w/o a ball.

Mudman2, Thanks for your efforts and input.

GM Austin, I know what PASM with self leveling looks like and no It's not on my console unfortunately. Either I have an aftermarket pneumatic self leveling device or the service manager is FOS - or both likely.

The reason I believe him is because I can hear the car leveling off when I open the vehicle or take something heavy out of it, i.e., me or alot of packages etc,... It sounds similar to my wife's Audi allroad's air suspension's self leveling device.

I will ask tomorrow when he's available and let you guys know. BTW, do any of you hear these type of sounds coming from your 955's? I wonder if the truck's air shocks make such sounds.

Thanks so far for all the feedback!

Old 01-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Good luck Frank. FOS seems very likely.....
Old 01-17-2004, 12:09 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I finally had my Porsche factory trained master mechanic look at my vehicle while on the lift - installed a new set of 18" Dunlop M2 Snow tires on CT rims yesteday - and he said there is NO self leveling device! He also said these vehicles - non-PASM - don't have pneumatic shocks either. "grr"

So there you go guys. Thanks again for your feedback. This is an awesome forum!

Old 01-19-2004, 10:35 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 948 Likes on 577 Posts

For those of you with air suspension on the S- how low can you set it to drive on normal roads? Does it actually ride somewhat better than the std suspension? Also, the configurator on the Porsche site doesn't work so well- what is the cost of air suspension on the S?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by skl
For those of you with air suspension on the S- how low can you set it to drive on normal roads? Does it actually ride somewhat better than the std suspension? Also, the configurator on the Porsche site doesn't work so well- what is the cost of air suspension on the S?
It is superior because of it's comfort & flexiblity. It used to be $3,500 +/-.

Problem is, it was blocked on the S's because of high demand for a period. I don't if if they're shipping it yet.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I believe it is worth the cost but probably not really necessary if you don't go off road. Unfortunately it was'nt available to me when buying my S!

Quick Reply: Cayenne S with air-suspension?