Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howcome no road tests of the Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 06:16 PM
RobertG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Howcome no road tests of the Cayenne S?

is Porsche afriad that its not better than the competition? like the VW version?
Honestly, isnt odd that there havent been any road tests on the S model? Ive only read about the turbo.....whats going on here?
Old 01-03-2003, 12:01 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robert, I read a road test of the Cayenne S in the latest Evo magazine, I believe. They contrasted it with the Turbo they drove earlier and a couple of other SUV's. I'll try to find it and give more details (I'm always swimming in car mags, wife throws 'em away when I'm not looking). If my memory serves me well, they thought it was very competent, hated the (non-air) suspension, thought the Turbo was the model to stir excitement while the S was proficient in an X5-like way, and had some harsh things to say about the styling. They commended Porsche's marketing savvy for debuting the Turbo first (unlike with other Porsche models, where the Turbo comes last a la the 911), because the extra oomph of 450 hp gives huge thrills when traveling at high speed.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:11 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah I would agree with John. The TT will impress with its power. The plain Jane P-fish would get too much comparo with the X5, RR and ML which could probably end up loosing anyway!Not to mention inevitable comparo's with the T-egg... Porsche needs to go out full strong to justify to everyone why Cayenne wears the Porsche badge in the front. Don't blame them really . Its the best strategy...
Not to worry though...this comparo will come within the year...

Quick Reply: Howcome no road tests of the Cayenne S?