Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waxing...or something else

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On dark colors (two black Mercedes, Galapagos gray Touareg) I use a pre-cleaner or cleaner wax to remove road film and oxidation that shampoo & water can't deal with. That brings back color and depth. After that, I seal with a glaze. In between, I use a car brush and detailing spray. When the detailing cloth starts to drag, it's a signal to start over with the cleaner. I plan to use the same approach when my dark blue metallic Cayenne arrives.

//greg//
Old 06-24-2012, 01:52 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sap I use WD40, usually works well and safe on paint. Use a microfiber towel for this since you have to rub a little aggressively and don't want scratches.

If you're looking for a wax from one of the local retailers mentioned, Black Magic was highly rated by Consumer Reports a couple years back and is what I use. It was one of the longest lasting waxes they tested and had better shine than Griot's Best of Show. The best rated wax at that time was Zainos which I've tried and it is very good but kind of a pain because you have to use their catalyst for best results. One thing I've learned in life is when a product is cumbersome to use, it usually ends up staying on the shelf.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Frutti_pig
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Roger )

Quick Reply: Waxing...or something else