Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S body kit/performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 06:07 PM
PorscheDXB
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cayenne S body kit/performance upgrades?

I just bought a Cayenne S two days bacl...titanium, full black leather, 20" sport wheels, air suspensin, nav...etc..love the car. Originally was getting a turbo but the car was delayed so went for the S.

My question is does anyone know of any reliable performance upgrades for the S to take it to at least 380HP? Also of any body kits for a more aggresive look. My dealer said that he can change my S to look exactly like a turbo from the front hood and spoiler to the twin exhuast pipes and red brake pillars at a cost of about $4500...they have already done two body conversions. Sounds interesting.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
There are zero performance kits for the S today. You'll find threads here on numerous tuner tweaks (nothing more than a few horsepower) and body bolt-ons. There are people talking about the 'easy' 500hp tweak to the Turbo and some suggestion of a 550hp kit (with rumours that the Turbo will go to 550hp in '04) but I haven't seen anyone offering S stuff beyond say an exhaust system.
I expect TPC and all of the other after-market forced induction companies doing Porsches to be working feverishly to strap a blower onto the S. A decent twin-screw installation yields literally 50% increases in power and torque without an intercooler. It is entirely realistic to see them take a 340hp V8 up to 500hp without causing reliability or durability problems. That, combined with transmission programming tweaks is all the Cayenne S needs.
I'd imagine Stillen and Canepa will get into the Cayenne in this way.
Maybe call <a href="http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com" target="_blank">www.whipplesuperchargers.com</a> or read the ads in the various Porsche magazines for companies that offer supercharger and turbocharger kits for the Boxster and Carrera -- they'll have to be thinking about the Cayenne S.
As for the Turbo makeover, you might want to consider resale value on that $4500.
I'd guess you could get the few parts (except the hood/bonnet) pretty cheaply (from somewhere like sunset) and pick a very good paint shop -- matching metallics is no game and that Titanium paint colour is a pretty tricky looking metallic.
Personally, the S body is growing on me and the Turbo isn't. I like the red calipers though ...

Quick Reply: Cayenne S body kit/performance upgrades?