S is held up with no ETA!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 05:14 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Post S is held up with no ETA!!!!

Well after ordering my S on May 2 with a June production.. I just found out today that it is held up for the following reasons..

I ordered the following..

Black on Black

Comfort Package
Non Smoker
Sports Aluminum Package
Moonroof
PCM w/ Compass
Fire Extinguisher
Bi-Xenons
Park Assist
Smooth Leather Interior
All Seat Heaters including Steering Wheel
Sport Seats w/Memory
Variable Assist Power
Air Suspension
Trailer Hitch
18" Turbos Rims with all season tires (selling)
Drive & Entry
6 Disc Changer

The Porsche reps quote "Order is delayed due to the options on this order that are on hold. 4F6,PD4,1N3. Orders with these options are being
worked in production as the options become back into stock. There is no ETA"

4f6 Porsche Entry & Drive
PD4 Electric Comfort Package
1N3 Variable Assist Power Steering

What is upsetting is that they are making TT's with no hold ups and using these parts for the TTs. So who knows how long I have to wait for the S. Any suggestions on what the dealer should do for me.. my main concern is my lease is up on my X5 in 5 days with no SUV to drive. Hence no trips to the lake, and no camping... can I put a trailer hitch on the 996 ...

sadly waiting longer now..
Old 06-27-2003, 09:54 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add to the hold list, Roof transport system, Tow package and the hold you speak of is also happening on TTs as well on some of the items.

I had a dealer try and change a scheduled vehicle and he got some of the above changes bounced too!

The dealer might put you into a rental vehicle, but that would be tough since there is no arrival date. I think you can extend your lease month to month for up to 6 months.

Compromise might be required, if color (Titanium) and (no air) are acceptable, then I know where there is car that fits everything else. That is if my buddy doesn't buy it this morning.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:39 PM
ngfan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From experience over the last months it really seems that most of those unavailable options differ between US and European models. I have the Electric Comfort Package on order (since January) and my car is due to be build in two weeks time. And no info here on unavailability or delivery/production delay due to that feature (and I keep my fingers crossed that this won't change next week when I get the final delivery date).
At least there is some hope for us that those little bugs will be eliminated until then (I know it is just hope but it makes the wait slightly more bearable...).

Quick Reply: S is held up with no ETA!!!!