Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!!! Park Assist does NOT work wet!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:03 PM
dawktah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post WARNING!!! Park Assist does NOT work wet!

The Park Assist feature will either NOT work or work inefficiently while wet. I park in the same assigned space everyday. Today I went in after a drive in the rain. First, since I have had my Cayenne TT. The same post that the system warns me about, today rear display indicated as if post wasn't there. NOW I HAVE A BROKEN TAILLIGHT!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts
I have had false alarms in reverse when wet.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:16 PM
caneaddict
Racer

If it was due to a malfunction of the parking assist then maybe you can get Porsche to pay for it. Are you sure you didn't get whiplash and suffer significant back pain along with emotional distress. I'm sure there are plenty of vulture lawyers who would salivate at a case like that.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:21 PM
DanP
Instructor

Doc, thanks for the heads up and sorry about your tail light.

caneaddict, you can't be serious, right?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Stirs
Instructor

I had the park assist on my '03 Cayenne and it was a pain in the *** in winter weather as snow and ice buildup gives many false alarms or no warnings. Now that I hear rain affects it also I'm not soory I don't have it on my '04. Sorry to hear about about your tail light.

caneaddict: Porsche is not liable for driver error. These devices "assist" in parking but cannot be relied upon in lieu of knowing what obstacles are around you and where they are when parking using visual sight and judgement. This is not a slam against dawktah but against litigious idiots who support these lawyers and frivilous cases and cost all of us significant amounts of money . . .
Old 06-26-2003, 11:36 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Was you car dirty as well as wet ?, I have not suffered the same problem and we have had a lot of rain recently
Old 06-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I should clarify. I think I have had false alrms in rain maybe twice. Doesn't happen all the time or alot and it was only in reverse. I have had the boat trailer also set it off once or twice. I don't rely on the park assist anyway.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:49 AM
dawktah
Racer

Very clean, just wet. After the collision, I jumped out and inspected the sensors, no debris on either.

I called my dealer and gave them an earful. I took it in and they replaced the lens no charge. They did it without any reservation so I am willing to believe this is a known issue. So Doug H you are right.

I will not be relying on Park Assist either. Will make it tricky to park in garage. Will see if I can get another space.

BTW, it is an 8" I beam which normally no matter which position to rear of truck always sets it off, so its easy to get comfortable with Park Assist helping out.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious, did the park assist not warn at all or was it constantly beeping as if there was something right behind you, even thogh there was nothing there?
Old 06-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Luckily, I do not park by any small poles or I would rely on park assist. It is strange you did not get any warning as opposed to a false alarm. Cool that dealer took care of it.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:13 PM
dawktah
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Rick964:
<strong>I'm curious, did the park assist not warn at all or was it constantly beeping as if there was something right behind you, even thogh there was nothing there?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">No warning at all. Instead of beep I heard crunch!

Quick Reply: WARNING!!! Park Assist does NOT work wet!