All options are available.. now what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Post All options are available.. now what to do

I just came back from my dealer and you can get every option even on a S. So now the question is do I keep my July Build TT for $6k off, which is $6k over Invoice, or do I take a S with all options that I want and a June Build for almost $8k off $2k over invoice. The only realy reason I went with the TT is that I couldn't get all the options and the resale value would be better than a highly optioned S, now the S is available and I can get it a month sooner...

Oh by the way Euro delivery is $2500 for a S, and they want $4500 for a TT!!! that is a complete ripoff, why $2k more for the TT...
Old 04-25-2003, 06:44 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You can get $8K off an S?!
In Fresno?
I like the sound of that!
My dealer is open to talking, but I know he means a thou or two. At $8K off, the S is a no-brainer for my humble needs ... that would mean a nicely equipped car under $60K all up, taxes included.
Here's the invoice numbers:
Cayenne S is $55,900, invoice $48,765.
Turbo is $88,900, invoice $77,657.
Of course both cars come with the mandatory "option" of the $1,100 sunroof and I hear there's a 3% hold-back (aka "pack") from Mr Porsche, but I haven't seen that in writing.
I'll have to go back to my dealer and see if he's up for $8K off, otherwise, I'll take the 3hr drive to Fresno...
Old 04-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Prices are more like $67k for a S and $88k for a TT without tax... I like all bells and whistles and of course the S comes with none of them. Did you order a S or a TT yet? I've tried to get others the same deal but close he would come was around $5k off his 03 Basalt Black TT, haven't tried any on a S. We did the deal before they came out, but he last week he came off even more on that S, since all the options just became available.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Kevin M.:
<strong>Prices are more like $67k for a S and $88k for a TT without tax...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">eh? I don't know what you mean -- are you saying that with the options you like, the price offered by the dealer is $67K for the S? After $8K off? That would be a loaded S. And the price for the Turbo would be $88K after the $6K off? That sounds about right -- there's not much to add to the Turbo except navigation.

If I can get $8K off a Cayenne S, I'm interested.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thats correct a loaded S would be $67.. the options on the TT I ordered are of course Moonroof, Fire extinguisher, PCM w/compass, Electric Comfort Pkg, Drive & Entry, Trailer Hitch, CD changer, Non smokers pckg, and Sport Seats, The S was all of the above plus, BI Xenons, All seat heaters, Air Suspension, Full Leather, Variable Assist Steering, Aluminum Package, & Park Assist. I'll talk to him when I get back in town, and see what he will do for you.. e-mail me what you exactly want.. colors and options...
Old 04-26-2003, 03:57 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Compass display in PCM
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) II
Air suspension with self-leveling and PASM
Trailer hitch without hitch ball
Roll-up sunscreen rear 1/4 windows
Bi-Xenon headlight
Model designation delete
Crystal Silver Metallic
Heated front seats
Fire extinguisher
Non-Smoker Package
Sport seats with memory
Black embossed leather
Rear-mounted spare wheel
18" Cayenne Turbo wheel
Detachable Anti-Roll bars

... that lot adds up to at least $68K, plus I didn't spec the mandatory "option" of a sunroof and I'm not sure of option codes or if it's even possible to order the detachable anti-roll bars without buying the off-road technology package ...
Old 04-26-2003, 04:06 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

... oh yeah ... and some bits from tequipment ... I was expecting to buy some of this from sunset or just get the VW equivalent bits when they show ...

MUD FLAPS
WHEEL OPENING MOULDINGS
CAR COVER
FLOOR MATS
REVERSIBLE CARGO MAT
CARGO PARTITION
CARGO BED LINER
CARGO SYSTEM
ELECTRIC COOLER
Old 04-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Carrera GT:
<strong>
... that lot adds up to at least $68K, plus I didn't spec the mandatory "option" of a sunroof ...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">The Moonroof option 3FE is no longer mandatory, so if you don't want a moonroof, you don't have to get it.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica"><strong>
and I'm not sure of option codes or if it's even possible to order the detachable anti-roll bars without buying the off-road technology package ...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Off Road Techno package will be the only way to get the detachable sway bars, and that package is not available yet.

It still surprises me to see how different the markets are. Here in at my dealership in Canada, we aren't discounting Cayennes at all, and they're still flying out of here faster than we can get them in.

Quick Reply: All options are available.. now what to do