Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is a '06 Cayenne Turbo S worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012 | 01:26 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Is it a southern car or rust belt? If southern, I say pay the extra 1500 to get what you want. If rust belt and you have to have it shipped, then keep looking 'cause there are lots of p!gs in the pen in CO, AZ, TX, FL, GA and CA....
Old 05-02-2012 | 01:28 AM
Mark Brillo
Instructor

rotors, brakes? if those needs replacement soon.. that's another $$$
Old 05-02-2012 | 01:05 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Texas car, will cost $600 or so to ship it to me. Need to get a PPI done to see if the coolant pipes, cardan shafts have been done and the condition of the brakes...
Old 05-02-2012 | 01:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by docwyte
Texas car, will cost $600 or so to ship it to me. Need to get a PPI done to see if the coolant pipes, cardan shafts have been done and the condition of the brakes...
add to the list:

T fitting (should be part of coolant pipe update). If the coolant pipes had already burst, check to see if the starter and transmission seal were replaced at the same time.
Coils and plugs. Coil revision...I stopped counting after 6
Horns (a.k.a "P!g Fishbowls)

And also remember that the Turbo S was just a Turbo with the E51 powerkit and brakes, so they are somewhat unique and a bit more expensive.
Old 05-02-2012 | 01:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Very true Lewis.......
Someday I might find the perfect P!g ....
Old 05-02-2012 | 05:40 PM
renaissance.man
Advanced

Originally Posted by Budget M3
Is it a southern car or rust belt? If southern, I say pay the extra 1500 to get what you want.
Ditto.
Old 05-02-2012 | 07:32 PM
vyper340
Pro

Texas has some liberal laws for lemons and it seems thy get a lot of "title issue" cars. Beware based on my experience.

PS - don't believe CarFax cause they can only report what they know at the time of the report. It's a sellers tool NOT a buyers one.
Old 05-02-2012 | 10:45 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
add to the list:

T fitting (should be part of coolant pipe update). If the coolant pipes had already burst, check to see if the starter and transmission seal were replaced at the same time...
+ torque converter...

Originally Posted by ltc
Someday I might find the perfect P!g ....
Old 05-03-2012 | 10:49 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Need to get a PPI done to see if the coolant pipes, cardan shafts have been done and the condition of the brakes...
Without having done a PPI to determine whether those problem areas were addressed, you're not sufficiently informed to put down an educated offer. Do your homework first, then offer a number.
Old 05-04-2012 | 03:44 PM
norsecarnut
Track Day

You may know this already but just in case...

Do you know it has "lived" in TX or it's just at a dealer there now? Non-brand dealers pull from auctions all the time so where it's located has almost nothing to do with where it lived since new.

I've had a dealer research vin's for me before, but not all brands can do that. If so though, you can see where it's lived and what services were done, etc.

Just remember, it really doesn't matter what they "have in it". Does it matter what you have in it when going to sell a car or trade it? No, the only thing that matters for real is what the market is willing to pay, period. If they have too much in it, then they f'd up or are full of B.s.
Old 05-05-2012 | 10:49 AM
gte
Advanced

Originally Posted by vyper340
Texas has some liberal laws for lemons and it seems thy get a lot of "title issue" cars. Beware based on my experience.

PS - don't believe CarFax cause they can only report what they know at the time of the report. It's a sellers tool NOT a buyers one.
Very true, I sold a Mercedes to a dealer, I was the second owner I had the car for 2.5 years. During this time the car was serviced, and had some warranty repairs. When the dealer listed the car it was listed as a one owner vehicle. The carfax report supported this fact. I called carfax and they gave me the runaround and didn't seem to care about it.

George
Old 05-08-2012 | 07:50 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Snell RRover sucks. RUN.

Quick Reply: How much is a '06 Cayenne Turbo S worth?