Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for an '06 Cayenne Turbo, Turbo S, or '08 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Tooch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking wheels and love the sound
That is bada$$
Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome, congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
O.B.1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Job.....have fun!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
MiniSuperDuke
8th Gear

congratulations, picked up one of those myself a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier at this point. The only thing that will be a bit hard to swallow is the cost of brakes/rotors that is coming up......but I knew it ahead of purchase.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
AdMan21
Racer

sorry about that, the comment that was formerly here was intended for a different topic.

Thanks

-RG

Last edited by AdMan21; 04-15-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: stupidity.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats...should make for a fun roadtrip back to CO. If you are not pressed for time, I highly recommend diverting through the White Mountains of AZ on your way home. They should be reasonably dry by now will be loads of fun in the CTTS
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Tremek
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks guys, looking forward to posting pics & a trip report. Even if it will ultimately be my wife's car I intend to have some fun.

Trying to brainstorm what items I need to address with the seller when I pick it up - anything you would add to the list below? Thanks!

[ ]Bill of Sale
[ ]Title
[ ]Manuals to car
[ ]Key fobs
[ ]Service records
[ ]Aftermarket tuning accessories
[ ]Wheel locks
[ ]Stereo walkthrough
[ ]
Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tremek
Thanks guys, looking forward to posting pics & a trip report. Even if it will ultimately be my wife's car I intend to have some fun.

Trying to brainstorm what items I need to address with the seller when I pick it up - anything you would add to the list below? Thanks!

[ ]Bill of Sale
[ ]Title
[ ]Manuals to car
[ ]Key fobs
[ ]Service records
[ ]Aftermarket tuning accessories
[ ]Wheel locks
[ ]Stereo walkthrough
[ ]
Cargo cover? Sometimes those get stuck in the attic never to see the light of day. Window sticker?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Budget M3
Racer

[ ]Power of attorney, especially if the PO still owes money on it. If the bank holds the title, then you will not receive the title when you close the sale. The bank will notify AZ DMV of the sale, and they will send the title to either you or the PO, whichever you guys agree works best. Even if you receive the title directly, however, it will still be in the PO's name, so you will need the PoA in order to swap the title into your name back in CO.

[ ] temporary plates/registration, too!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Tremek
Intermediate

Got the car!

Name:  NocX8h.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  166.1 KB

Name:  rBrRMh.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  140.5 KB

Flew down to Phoenix Friday night, met the seller and completed the transaction, then contemplated the 920 mile drive home I was facing. I knew weather was supposed to be coming into central-northern Arizona as well as Utah and western Colorado, so I already knew I wasn't going all the way up to I-70... I hate driving our mountains at night.

So that left either shooting northeast through the Tonto National Forest to get up to I-40 - again, at night - or going up to Flagstaff and taking my chances that I-17 and I-40 would be better maintained if snow(!) was incoming. So Flagstaff it was... Got a little bit of a late start out of the Scottsdale area and got into Flagstaff at midnight PST. I asked a gas station attendant if he knew what weather to the east looked like and he said "I don't know, but they're saying 10 inches on the ground here by tomorrow morning!"

This motivated me to move a little faster.

I got on I-40 east and made good time, setting the cruise at 84 and convincing myself that I needed to make it as far as possible before pulling off and sleeping. No scary moments along the way, but around 2:30am I was dragging *** and convincing myself just to get into New Mexico and take a break.

I stopped to get gas just over the border and after stretching and walking around a bit, found I wasn't as tired as I thought I was so go back on the road. Soon enough (hours later) I was driving through Albuquerque, meeting the I-25 interchange which was the last ~400 miles of my journey.

Another stop for gas, then as the sun was about to come over the horizon in Santa Fe I decided to grab some food. Bad idea - it just made me sleepy. So somewhere between Santa Fe and Raton I finally gave in, sun well up over the horizon now, and decided I'd sleep until 8am and see how I felt - about 75 minutes or so. Immediately fell asleep, and what felt like ages later my phone's alarm was going off.

Woke up, staggered outside for a restroom break - and go back to business.

Felt surprisingly good in spite of being up continuously for 24 hours before napping. Stopped once in Trinidad for gas, and then finally made it back to my house in Denver around noon mountain (after stopping to get it washed before presenting it to the wife.)

Name:  1NNcY.jpg
Size:  119.3 KB

So what to do after a journey like that? Why, take it to the drag strip, of course!

Name:  aBLgth.jpg
Size:  157.1 KB

That's my wife filling out her paperwork to join our Club Clash drag team.

Name:  nkQCvh.jpg
Size:  113.1 KB

That's my first run, the Cayenne on the left and a last-gen Jeep Cherokee SRT-8 on the right. Bear in mind this is at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado - track elevation is 5800 feet, and the density altitude (DA) for that time was about 7800 feet. We just don't make the horsepower that some of you low-landers do, but racing is still fun. Crap 60' but you can see I was catching him... That was with 2 adults and a baby seat in the car. Tips on launching these pigs would be appreciated. I ran a 14.03 @ 102 in my GXP on street tires and was pretty proud of that.

Name:  zUuA5h.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  118.4 KB

Our drag team pictured - picture taken from my GXP, friend's wife in her Escalade (consistency is important in Club Clash and she's got it in spades!) - my wife behind in the CTTS, and last our friend in his '11 CTS-V coupe that ran a best time of 12.2 @ 111 for the day. Ignore the random Honda in the photo.

Anyway - in spite of virtually no sleep had a blast. Based on this experience, I highly recommend taking your car to the raceway in the first 24 hours of ownership.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome. It looks really nice. I took my Audi S6 to an autocross the morning after I bought it. Great way to learn the vehicle!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Very nice...now I'm curious to see how my CTT does on the track, too.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Tremek
Intermediate

Took it out to the track again - wife is driving!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 AM
rombrigs
Intermediate

Is she launching in 1st gear? -r
Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Tremek
Intermediate

Yes she's launching in first gear. Altitude's the killer for speed up here.

Quick Reply: In the market for an '06 Cayenne Turbo, Turbo S, or '08 Turbo...